An Agent Wants to See My Stuff!

Mike Martyn

Registered
Reaction score
I attended a writing convention this weekend and pitched my second novel to an agent. She wants me to send her an outline and the first thirty pages. Boy, am I pumped!

If nothing else, at least I may be on my way to my very first rejection!

Her name is Nadia Cornier of Firebrand Literary Agency. Any body ever heard of her?

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
LOL! As soon as I read the subject line, I wondered "Gee I wonder if he went to the Surrey conference, and I wonder if it's Nadia?"

That's so weird, I knew what you were talking about before I clicked on the link.

Yes, Nadia has my first three chapters. She used to be with CMA in NYC, but left there (on good terms) to start her own agency. She's a really energetic person with verifiable sales and can get work in to see editors in big houses.

She's an up and comer - so congrats! People have told me that if she signs me, they'll be jealous, so she's known by writers too.

Sigh. She's #1 on my 'agent wish list' right now. A couple of other people on the boards are being looked at by her too. Dragonjax is one.

She' s also got a new forum... www.firebrandliterary.com/forums
And a blog... www.livejournal.com/~agentobscura/

Her site is not up yet, it's still the temp site.

I'm hoping to meet up with her at Philcon in Dec. Hopefully by then she will have requested my whole ms :)

Good luck!

laurenbarnholdt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.laurenbarnholdt.com
Nadia's my agent, and she's fabulous.

She sold my book to Simon and Schuster two weeks after I signed with her.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
Congrats and good luck!