PDA

View Full Version : Amazon.co Promotion

rickdemille
10-24-2005, 09:22 PM
This year I have received two publishing promotions offering incentives to buy a specific book at a specific time from Amazon.com. The goal was to have the author listed as an Amazon.com best seller, if only briefly.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it work?

DigitalDragon
11-03-2005, 07:35 AM
For instance, Dr. Joe "Mr. Fire" Vitale. He did it TWICE with the same book - The Attractor Factor. It helps to have a large mailing list or know people who do.

I'm pretty sure that Tom Antion did it recently with his updated version of The Ultimate Guide to Electronic Marketing for Small Business.

maestrowork
01-20-2006, 03:30 AM
I just heard about an online stunt that is probably old news for a lot of folks here but I just want to see if it's valid...

It seems like some writers (especially non-fiction writers) would do a "One Day" campaign. Basically, they would contact everyone they know or use a mailing list, and ask everyone to purchase their book on a particular day. Doing so would hopefully bump that one day Amazon or BN ranking to top 100, thus making you a "Best Seller" (even just for a day). These people claim that once you're in that best seller list (even just for a day) you will get offers and publicity and more sales, etc. because now you are an Amazon.com "best seller."

Does it work? Or is it a stunt act that has no long-term benefit (even if you do become a best seller for a day)?