PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with my avatar?

Celia Cyanide
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
I have a pic I would like to use for a custom avatar, but it's a bit too large. I'm not too smart about this kind of thing. Would anyone be able to help me fix it? Feel free to PM me.

Dawno
10-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Do you have any kind of graphics editor on your computer? My MS Office suite came with MS Office Picture Manager which has a resize feature. You can right click on the image and look at the "open with" menu to see if you have it.

If you have a Photobucket account (it's free, too) you can reduce by 75%, 50% or 25% which isn't precise enough for minor shrinking but useful sometimes. Also, with Photobucket each picture has tags under it for inserting into posts or using on websites.

Sage
10-25-2005, 05:26 AM
I usually use Paint to shrink my pix for avatars/icons. Use "Stretch/Shrink" & make sure that both horizontal & vertical are being shrunk by the same amount.

Vanessa
10-25-2005, 05:34 AM
If you send the photo to me, I can edit it for you, and send it back to you, if you like. Unfortunately I am headed for bed now, but if tomorrow is not too late, I will be glad to do this for you.