How to Re-approach an agent

rwam

Registered
Reaction score
Three years ago a few agents had my full for an urban fantasy I'd written (and re-written to the point of nauseasnous). They all rejected it, but two of them provided good, usable feedback. One of them was pretty much my dream agent, who was on the fence with the full for 8 months. She knew about my wip (also Urban Fantasy) and urged me to query her with that when i was ready. Unfortunately, by this time, I was in the middle of dealing with a death in the family and for a variety of reasons, I pretty much quit writing.

This February, I decided much of my depression was because I wasn't pursuing my dream of writing. So, I dusted off the rejected manuscript, looked at it with fresh eyes and decided to implement the feedback instructions both agents gave me. I'm also polishing up the other 'wip' I had back when i was rejected. By mid-May, I believe I'll have two very queryable novels.

Anyway, after my beta readers give me their feedback on both books, I plan on contacting "Dream Agent". The current plan is to reply to the last email she sent me (hoping it will jog her memory), tell her about the changes I made to the novel she rejected, and ask her if she'd be interested in giving it another go since she was so close the first time.

Any thoughts to this approach?

DoingWhatILove

Registered
Reaction score
That's exactly how I'd do it. I'd mention your interactions with her earlier, tell her (VERY briefly) about the changes made, and then ask if she'd like to revisit the book. If she says no, I'd say you're done with book two, then pitch it, and see if she'd like to see that one. Good luck!

djf881

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
From the rear, with a handkerchief soaked in chloroform. Good luck.

Mpride

Duty, Honor, Country
Registered
Reaction score
good luck...