PDA

View Full Version : Company Pays About .03 Per Word. Next Day Payment. Non-fiction

VanessaFarrah
04-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Hey, guys. Don't know if this is cool to post this here or not, but I found a writing service on Facebook that uses a Facebook app to run their service.

They pay good money to writers for articles and you only need to take a writing test to qualify. The test is this: They give you a keyword phrase and you write and submit an article of about 150 to 250 words based on the keyword phrase.

After they approve you, then under your "Assignments" tab, you will begin seeing article assignments available that pay anywhere from $4.00 for a small definition article of about 150 words to $9.85 for a full featured article of 250 to 500 words.
That's good pay!

Now the really good news is this: They pay you NEXT DAY for anything you write and submit that is approved on the previous day. Textbroker, Demand Studios and others do not pay like that, right? So write 5 articles in a day, and you get the money in your PayPal the next day. Write 4 more and get paid next day for those. But they only pay on weekdays, not weekends. So anything you write and get approved on Friday, Sat, or Sun. will be paid in full on Monday.

You need a Facebook account to sign up and you need a PayPal account to be paid.

a link to the page under discussion ("]Sign up here[/URL] [MOD NOTE: link edited out. The poster needs to NOT use affiliate links, for one thing, and the link leads directly to the page to give a FB app permission to access your personal information. Without more explanation, I'm not comfortable leaving the link in place. Here's [URL="http://www.cloudcrowd.com/home).]

Now, the test to qualify is not so hard. After you sign up, click the "Available Work" tab and then the "Tests" tab under that. Read the instructions and take and submit the test. Then wait for approval. Takes anywhere from 1 to 4 days for approval. Then you will start seeing the high paying assignments when you click on the "Available Work" tab.

I should add too that this company has been around for awhile but they do not advertise much. They also have a lot of work available once you are approved after taking the test, but no real work will show up under your "Available Work" tab until you are approved.

If you have any questions, pm me or reply here.

Good luck guys!

Proach
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
This sounds like a really great opportunity, VanessahFerrah. What kind of assignments do they offer? Can you live anywhere in the world to work for them? I'm officially interested.

veinglory
04-12-2011, 12:31 AM
So what is the actual name of this company that you are providing a disguised affiliate link for? Because it sounds a tad too good to be true.

CaoPaux
04-12-2011, 01:40 AM
CloudCrowd: http://www.cloudcrowd.com/home

speel00
04-12-2011, 03:34 AM
Be warned that CloudCrowd is almost always out of work. I tried them last year, and they pretty much ran out of work within a matter of days.

jaksen
04-12-2011, 05:03 AM
They have an error on their Welcome to Editing page.

Yes, it is an editing error.

fourlittlebees
04-12-2011, 05:13 AM
Writing mill. Most of the jobs don't pay near what they claim (see also: Demand Media, which promises "up to $15" per piece when most of the listings are under that.

I hope this craze dies down soon. I hate seeing writers working their butts off for little-to-no pay.

peer54
04-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Writing mill. Most of the jobs don't pay near what they claim (see also: Demand Media, which promises "up to $15" per piece when most of the listings are under that.

I hope this craze dies down soon. I hate seeing writers working their butts off for little-to-no pay.

I've been working for Demand for a few months and pretty much every article in the assignment area pays $15. Maybe you're getting the shorter articles because of your areas of interest? I know they've started feeding assignment choices that are based on the areas of interest the writers select.

BunnyMaz
04-12-2011, 06:08 AM
So, these places that pay you to write all these articles. What are the articles for? I took a look at the website but either I'm half asleep or it wasn't really laid out in a way that easily lends itself to explaining to new potential writers.

Because I'm just not entirely certain what you're getting paid for here. Articles for newspapers? Blogs? Finishing homework? Can anyone shed light on this for me?

fourlittlebees
04-12-2011, 06:11 AM
I've been working for Demand for a few months and pretty much every article in the assignment area pays $15. Maybe you're getting the shorter articles because of your areas of interest? I know they've started feeding assignment choices that are based on the areas of interest the writers select.

TBH, I hadn't looked in months. It looks like all the easier topics are gone.

I signed up for Demand early in 2009, I think, when I lost my biggest freelance client and was trying to fill in to make ends meet. Even at $15 per, the articles required way too much research for the pay, and it was less than 1/2 my standard freelance rate, so I wrote exactly nothing for them. Sites like Demand have done a lot of damage to freelance writing rates in the past few years. I have no love for them.

fourlittlebees
04-12-2011, 06:48 AM
So, these places that pay you to write all these articles. What are the articles for? I took a look at the website but either I'm half asleep or it wasn't really laid out in a way that easily lends itself to explaining to new potential writers.

Because I'm just not entirely certain what you're getting paid for here. Articles for newspapers? Blogs? Finishing homework? Can anyone shed light on this for me?

Basically, sites like Demand generate "requests" based on what they see people searching Google for. Let's say you want to know how to get an agent... if Demand sees a certain level of searches for "how to get an agent," they put a request out. Someone writes something about "how to get an agent," Demand posts it, and they make money by working Google AdSense. Essentially, you are creating content just for them to get Google juice on.

DarkDesireX
04-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Basically, sites like Demand generate "requests" based on what they see people searching Google for. Let's say you want to know how to get an agent... if Demand sees a certain level of searches for "how to get an agent," they put a request out. Someone writes something about "how to get an agent," Demand posts it, and they make money by working Google AdSense. Essentially, you are creating content just for them to get Google juice on.

I am...incredibly sad that I did not know this. I mean....I'm not entirely sure if I should feel ashamed of the fact that I've worked for London Broker (don't do it) and now Textbroker. Helps pay the bills.

DarkDesireX
04-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm sure you guys googled them just the same as me, but here are a few websites to look at before taking on CloudCrowd.

http://getpaidtofart.blogspot.com/2010/08/cloudcrowd-review.html
http://robertagoli.blogspot.com/2010/02/next-cloudcrowd-review.html
http://cyndyfassett.com/cloud-crowd-review

Also, I went ahead and signed up for it. I'll keep you guys posted on my own experiences.

DarkDesireX
04-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Sorry for my multiple posts, I didn't think I'd get an answer this quick. Anywho, in order to write for CloudCrowd, you have to pass efficiency tests called Credentials. They can only be taken once.

I did the first one for English Writing (General) as well English Editor. I'm not certain why, but I was rejected for both. Maybe you guys can see where I went wrong. At any rate, those were the only two I was interested.

The first was a pretty standard article (for the EWG). I was given the keywords "editing services" and a 100-150 word limit:

What Are Editing Services?

Editing services are made up of companies and individuals with a firm grasp of a given language. They can be utilized to increase the quality of anything from manuscripts for mainstream publishing to projects for school. A reputable service will provide outstandingly polished material at an affordable and reasonable price.

How Do I Find A Respectable Company?

With as many editing services available, it is easy to get overwhelmed. The best way to narrow your choices is to consider what you need. Many of these companies specialize in a specific kind of editing. Search for those who can cater to your particular writing and research each thoroughly. When trusting not only money, but your work to anyone, you must be sure to know as much about them as possible.

The editing test was a little trickier. I was sent to a website which was obviously written by an individual who was using English as a second language (WARNING: The first website I was given for this test had a red circle with WOT. Be careful here). I was asked to take 100 words from the website and edit them into correct English.

Here is the original text I chose:

Ningbo Obinder Co Ltd is the professional supplier of office products,which emphasisi on manufacturing,marketing and international trading.For years we hold the operation idea of " credit,quality,innovation".We have established good cooperation relationship with many customers at home and abroad under joint efforts of all our staffs.Our products have been exported to worldwide such as European Union,Middle East,America and Southeast Asia.

We are doing our utmost to supply first grade products and offer best service to bulid a successful market.We warmly welcome both our old friends and new friends to contact us for future cooperation and development.

Here is my correction:

Ningbo Obinder is a professional supplier of office products, with emphasis on manufacturing, marketing, and international trading. For years, we have followed the operational slogan of "Credibility, Quality, and Innovation." Thanks to the joint efforts of our staff, we have established a good relationship with customers all around the world. You can find our products in Europe, the Middle East, America, and Southeast Asia.

We are doing our utmost to supply first grade products and the best service, in order to build a successful company. We warmly welcome both old and new friends to contact us for future and continuing business development.

I'm sure I made some mistakes, though I can't readily point them out. At any rate, if you're going to apply at CC, be sure to carefully put together your test answers, as once you've failed you can't redo them.

Hope that helps!

mountainannie
05-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Dark Desire,

your edits seem perfect to me.. I wonder why they would reject you?

Anyway, it is their loss.

JulieBeth
05-04-2011, 08:03 AM

I was looking for the "thanks" or "like" button, but don't see one! :) I too am fed up with writing mills. I just don't see how $.03 a word is considered "good" money! :(

regdog
05-04-2011, 03:16 PM
MOD NOTE

Please stop commenting on pay scales. It is not allowed in the Paying Market Forum

Manuel Royal
05-05-2011, 05:28 PM
MOD NOTE

Please stop commenting on pay scales. It is not allowed in the Paying Market ForumI agree with that policy; but if we shouldn't complain about payrates, then they also shouldn't be promoted as being "high", as they were by the OP. I doubt if we'll hear from VanessaFarrah again, anyway.

I just did one of the CloudCrowd tests (English Editing). Will report on results.

ETA: Rejected. The accompanying note criticized my use of capitalization. I think they're wrong, so I used the "Appeal" feature.