Can Kindles fly?

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mean that literally:)

I don't fly often but I am this summer and I was wondering- can I take my kindle on the plane with me? Will the x-rays wipe my library?
Shea- who knows nothing about flying-

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, you can take it on a plane. It's treated like any other electronic device; you have to turn it off during takeoff and landing.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
According to the commercials you can. It's no different than a lap top or camera. Its not exrays one has to worry about but electro magnetic scanning that can wipe out a hard drive...

Or so I have been told.

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
Good to know! Thanks- ( I told my husband you guys would know- and he thinks I waste my time here- phfftt!)

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I've taken mine on several flights. I have to take a paper book or 2 with me for takeoff and landing, but once you're in the air, the Kindle is fine.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've taken mine on several flights. I have to take a paper book or 2 with me for takeoff and landing, but once you're in the air, the Kindle is fine.
I'm surprised the airlines haven't found some reason for us not to be able to read books during takeoff and landing (or maybe to charge us for each book we bring on board). For our safety, of course.

Deleted member 42

I'm surprised the airlines haven't found some reason for us not to be able to read books during takeoff and landing (or maybe to charge us for each book we bring on board). For our safety, of course.

Alleycat, hush.

DSH and TSA are watching.

:chair

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
In general, airport x-rays don't wipe out any electronics or memories. I've taken anything from laptops (PCs and Macs), Kindle, iPad, iPhone, etc. and they're all fine. They also don't wipe out digital cameras or even 35mm films unless they are of high ISO (such as 400 or 800).