• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking For A Beta Reader For My Vampire Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren Frey

Banned
Reaction score
I have wrote a 40,000 word vampire novel. I feel as if it is missing something. I think the descriptions of all the locations are sufficient, but I canot help but to think it just lacks. If anyone is interested in helping me please PM and I will send you a synopsis for you to see if it is something you would like to help me with.

Thanks

Darren Frey

Banned
Reaction score
If it will help, here is a brief idea of what my book is about.

Julian Frost is alone. Losing his family to murder and tragedy, he finds himself frequenting a late night coffee shop. It is not until he meets a mysterious woman that he begins to feel emotions again. Little does Julian know that he is in the presence of a vampire. He quickly falls in love with her as he slowly learns the truth about her. Fearing the worst, Julian confronts her and learns the truth. It is now up to Julian to decide whether or not he will leave mortality behind to be with his love forever and seek out to avenge his family's murder.

Last edited:

Astronomer

I'm an excellent poofreader.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.androidastronomer.com
Welcome to AW!

That sounds like a compelling story. Have you considered posting a chapter or two in the Share Your Work forum for critique? You're only 12 posts away from being able to do so, and posting in SYW would garner more opinions than a beta reader -- albeit over less of your work. I think it would be a great way to start.

Darren Frey

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I found a beta reader already. I also plan on posting the first chapter or two in the SYW section when I get 50 posts. The reason I also chose to use a beta reader is because I do not want to post my entire story on the site. Id like to leave some of it a mystery in hopea that one day it will be published and readers can enjoy it the way it is meant to be enjoyed in paperback or hardcover.

Darren Frey

Banned
Reaction score
Due to personal problems my beta reader is unable to read my story. If anyone else would be willing to read it and give me some good advice please PM me.

Astronomer

I'm an excellent poofreader.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.androidastronomer.com
Ariel, I don't want to speak for the forum owners, but I think the 50-post requirement is just for SYW posting, not for beta-ing someone's novel. If you want to beta read Morningrise's novel, and if he's willing, then that's an arrangement that's strictly between the two of you.

OpheliaRevived

Real Men Have Gills
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll volunteer. Frost is the last name of my female MC. LOL I need something to read. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.