• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta request: contemporary YA

Status
Not open for further replies.

trolly dei

I'm in love with everything!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
leeftappynix.blogspot.com
Contemporary YA, 50000 words, second draft.

Apeiron

Emily Esburn is a high school senior in Calgary, Alberta. She buys her prom dress at the thrift store, takes the Jonas Brothers' name in vain and has only ever admitted a crush on one person: an ancient Greek philosopher. When she wakes up hungover in a weird teacher's house, Emily is mortified. She can't bring herself to forgive Bonnie, the sort-of best friend who left her there. Emily tries to replace Bonnie with the school's most intimidating girl (and Bonnie's nemesis): Cho Park. And despite her efforts to ignore Mr. Dubs, Emily realizes she has more in common with her teacher than she wants to admit; namely, an interest in pre-Socratic philosophy. Emily must decide who her friends are and what, if anything, she believes in.

Apeiron is 2/3 narrative and 1/3 quirky, aphoristic journal entries. I think my strengths are voice, humor and dialog. I'm specifically looking for an objective, overall opinion of plot and the flow of the novel, but I'll take whatever critique you can give me!

PM me if you're interested. Thank you,

Diedra

megan_d

Falling in the milk
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be more than happy to critique this for you, it's sounds right up my alley. You can email me at purple_snitch[at]yahoo[dot]come if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.