What's your favorite "It Gets Better" video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please share! With linkies!

I've got two. First the serious one, the Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles. This song always gets to me, but the three minute of this video mark makes me sob uncontrollably every time I watch it. Anyways...

Put the tissues away for this one, the "it gets better" video by Becky Drysdale--hilarious and heartwarming! (and NSFW)

OK, your turn!

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Becky Drysdale video is by far my favorite. I immediately fell in love with it after someone linked to it on LiveJournal.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
The Becky Drysdale one rocked. I want to have that song on my mp3 player.

Strangely, I'd never heard of the "It Gets Better" campaign until now. Perhaps it didn't make a big splash in Australia? I don't know. Anyway, I like it.

What I also noticed is that those videos have ratios of like 1000 to 1 for likes to dislikes on youtube. That fills me with happiness. :)

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
I have many favorites - to many to list here, really. I can pick out a couple though that's good.

I don't really like the celebrity videos. All the attention goes to the Oprahs and the Hilary Clintons and the Kate Perrys. The stories of the normal young men and women get drowned out, and those are the important and the powerful ones.

Last edited:

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
I have many favorites - to many to list here, really. I can pick out a couple though that's good.

I don't really like the celebrity videos. All the attention goes to the Oprahs and the Hilary Clintons and the Kate Perrys. The stories of the normal young men and women get drowned out, and those are the important and the powerful ones.

Understandable. I know what you mean. Although, I do think that celebrities hold a lot of weight for teenagers. And there's just something touching about hearing the president's voice validate who you are as a human being, even if he does deliver the message like a robot. So... I do agree with you, but I think the celebrities are pretty awesome to jump on board with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.