• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta reader for M/M romance, drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhall2470

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a beta reader for a M/M romance/drama. This is a finished story of 34,493 words and 99 pages in microsoft word. It includes angst, violence, and a few erotica scenes with explicit language. If this is not your cup of tea please do not respond. I am looking for someone who can help with grammar, punctuation, plot holes, things of that sort. Basically, I'm looking for someone who can help me make a good story great. I am looking to get this published as an ebook so I need someone who I can collaborate with and who is serious. I need a relationship in which we can chat, email and things of that nature in a timely manner. Thats about it I think. I'll add a short synopsis of the story.

Eighteen year old Evan Harris is a lonely Emo who drifts through life. His dad is an abusive drunk who hits him every chance he gets. Evan’s mother died while giving birth to her son and his dad always felt Evan was responsible. Evan plans on leaving as soon as he graduates, not knowing where he is going or how he is going to get there. He never felt he needed anyone, felt as though it would just complicate his life. But when he is told he is failing math and that, if he doesn’t bring his grade up, he will have to repeat his senior year, he agrees to tutoring that the teacher offers. But, what he doesn’t expect, is to fall for the popular jock that turns out to be his tutor.

Cole Morgan is a popular, rich, good looking jock who can have anything or anyone he wants. Too bad the only thing he wants is the quiet Emo that always keeps to himself. Just coming off a bad breakup from his ex- Charlie, Cole gets the opportunity of a life time when he gets an offer to tutor Evan in math. He readily agrees and soon finds there’s more to Evan than meets the eye. They quickly fall for each other. What they don’t know is that Charlie is lurking in the shadows, watching, waiting for his chance to make Cole pay for breaking his heart. In the end a meeting in the woods ends with tragic results.

(Don't worry then ending is a happy one)

If anyone is interested in reading this for me please respond to this post and i'll message you with my contact email. Also, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, I get online as often as I can and will respond fairly quickly. Thanks :)

Last edited:

AlanDavid

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I'm fairly new and not all that experienced, however, I'd be more than happy to beta read for you, if you'd like. I would be willing to collaborate seriously with you. I like M/M romance and am not at all offended by violence or explicit erotica. My own project contains controversial elements, so I'm a very open-minded reader. I'm working on a contemporary novel with lots of drama, as well. It's finished at about 90k words, but I'm still in the editing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.