Old Books for Money

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't really find anywhere else to put it, if it's wrong please move it to the right place.

I'm trying to raise up some money as I'm returning to college this fall. *yay*

I have an old book. Hard cover, no physical damage as in rips and tears. The spine is a bit bleached out by the sun. It has a library sticker as well as some library stamps and "discard" written on the first page it as it was a library discard. There is also a water stain on the first two pages, the blank page and the title page. Other than that it's in beautiful condition, the edges are ragged rough cut due to the style of that time or at least this particular book.

1906 The works of James Whitcomb Riley Vol. VI.

Is this book even worth anything and if so where would I take it or how would I sell it?

Thanks!

Sara

Deleted member 42

Is this book even worth anything and if so where would I take it or how would I sell it?

You might get a buck or two, but no, it's not worth anything.

It's part of a mass-produced set, so it's neither rare nor complete, and it's in what would be considered damaged condition.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Ah thank you both. I will then donate it to my friend who collects lovely old books. It is a very beautiful book.