PDA

View Full Version : Agents suggest revisions, do I tell other agents with fulls to wait for revised version?



KookyKat
04-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I've had feedback on my full from 2 agents which is quite similar so am going to start revising my MS (I agree with the revision suggestions). However, 2 other agents have my full still. Do I contact those 2 agents and let them know the situation? Or do I just wait for their feedback? Problem with latter is that I really think the revised version will be so much better and would be downright surprised if I get an offer of rep from the reading agents. NB. i did think the MS was at its best before querying but 2 professional opinions have really shown vast areas for improvement.

(I know a kind of similar question is asked below but this is a different scenario as it involved agents who have the fulls already, not agents asking for partials / fulls).

shaldna
04-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I would just wait and see, but carry on with the revisions anyway.

popmuze
04-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Since agents are taking so long to read these days, you could embark on your revisions and possibly finish them before either of the other agents respond. In that case, I would email them asking if they'd like to see a revised edition.

Zombie Kat
04-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I feel your pain regarding the only noticing the problems after submitting!

I wouldn't let them know, personally. If they see enough potential but think you could benefit from revisions, hopefully they will say that and offer to reconsider when you've fixed it. If they reject it out-right, then do you think your revisions would have been enough to change their mind? But I wouldn't keep on sending it out if you're set on changing it. That's my opinion anyway. Hope it goes really well.

scope
04-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I would just wait and see, but carry on with the revisions anyway.


This is what I would do.