PDA

View Full Version : The Sales thread.

veinglory
10-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Lets all share when we do make one of those precious sales--success for one is inspiration for all!

veinglory
10-23-2005, 12:35 AM
A sale today of a 'single shot' (long short story) to Torquere. "Star Crossed' is MM romance, sci fi and a bit angsty. I plan to write a sequel at some point...

triceretops
10-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Congrats on that sale, Veinglory! Really a unique genre cross there.

I have nothing to report yet. Gak!

Tri

pepperlandgirl
10-23-2005, 02:24 AM
I just barely received an email from Twenty 1 Lashes accepting a "69er" I sent them--a story with only 69 words. I also submitted a longer story, around 5000, and they emailed and told me the editor considers it worthy of publication, they are trying to find a place for it.

veinglory
10-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Great going Pepper!

pepperlandgirl
11-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Woo! Whiskey Creek Press just sent me a contract for my novella The Pumpkin House. It'll be part of their Twisted Tales line :)

veinglory
11-03-2005, 10:41 PM
w00t!!! Whiskey Creek has been a good market for up and coming erotic writers. let us know how it goes!

veinglory
01-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Building on my connections with the epublishers Torquere and Loose Id. I have a short story in a 'taste test' accepted by Torquere and a novella 'The Sculptor's Muse' accepted by Loose Id.

pepperlandgirl
01-07-2006, 02:53 AM
WCP accepted two short stories (The Zebra Wore Blue Jeans and The Zebra Wore Black Leather) for their Torrid Teasers Line.

Liquid Silver Books accepted my novel, "California Stars"

Samhain Publishing also accepted another novel, "Be Thou My God."

veinglory
01-07-2006, 05:28 AM
Keeping busy there, Pepper :)

Maryn
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Wow, way to go, you ladies! My congratulations on your many sales.

Maryn, envious but hiding it

veinglory
01-29-2006, 08:24 PM
I am continuing with Loose Id with 'the Sculptor's Muse' accepted and 'A Heart Aflame' submitted. Things are going quite well--if you are looking for an erotic romance epublisher with respectable sales I suggest giving them a go.

pepperlandgirl
01-31-2006, 08:17 AM
I did. And they rejected me.

Twice.

*sigh*

kristin724
01-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Wow you two must be the pros here <wink>.

My erotica is not finished as yet but keep the market research coming! I've looked into all the pubs you've mentioned. It seems erotica is indeed in demand right now.

Lucky for me!

Kristin

veinglory
01-31-2006, 09:11 PM
I think erotic will always be in good demand ;)

I have been rejected by Loose Id in the past, early on before I got a feel for the--and by quite a few others. It can be so hard to work out what each publisher 'likes'. On thing I recommend is doing some book reveiwing, you get to see currently releases from various publishers without going out of pocket.

pepperlandgirl
02-04-2006, 02:57 AM
I just signed a contract for Whiskey Creek Press Torrid. My novel Mad World is going to launch their new line, Torrid Special Edition.

triceretops
02-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Way to go, Pepper! You be a novelist now!

Tri

pepperlandgirl
03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
My novella, <B>The Streets of Florence</B> was one of eleven finalists in the <B>Third Annual Amber Quill Contest</B>. I'll be signing a contract with Amber Quill shortly...

veinglory
03-02-2006, 04:42 AM
Great to hear!

Maryn
03-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Oh, good for you!

veinglory
03-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I've been angsting on about my non-erotic mmf fantasy. Finally went with Chippewa Press who are offering a short paperback run on it. They're a small epublishing press but open to outside-the-box genres and moving more into print over the next few years.

AprilBoo
03-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Congrats!

triceretops
03-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Good for you, veinglory. Nothing wrong with that at all! Continue working on something else.

Tri

Quincunxes
03-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Well, I sold a novella to Kensington entitled, "Triango." They asked for 2 more. I also just sold a story to Zane for her upcoming "Caramel Flava" entitled overhaul.

triceretops
03-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow, Quin! Selling to Kensington is a major accomplishment! But lined up for three is a downright miracle. Way to bat the ball outa the park. I mean, way out. Nice title too, BTW.

Triceratops

veinglory
03-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Congrats, especially on the Kensington deal!

Alexandros
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a new writer and my first novella, "The Spartan Beach Boy", which is set in ancient Greece (175 BC) has just released by Whiskey Creek Press [ http://whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com ].

Do check out the reviews at the above site and also my own author site at http://greekfiction.blogspot.com

Alexandros

Maryn
03-16-2006, 01:04 AM
Good for you, Alexandros--and nice to meet you, too. Welcome!

Maryn, not published lately

blisswriter
03-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Sounds like y'all are really doing it in here. ;)

I've only subbed one of the stories (erotica) that I've written over the years.

But I've subbed three poems in the past several months. One was accepted November (?) last year. The other was just accepted last week. :)

(And Maryn, get busy.:e2poke: I'm sure your fans are waiting. :))

BlueBadger
03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Inspiring! I'm still kind of an erotica newbie, but what I've written, people really like (though how hard is it to like literature about naked people bouncing on each other). Any recommendations for a good place for a newfish to submit to? Perferably paying, I've become ... pretty greedy since I started profiting off my stuff. XD

Well, that, and my husband's out of a job, so when I'm not making money I feel like a bad person.

veinglory
03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
It depends on length, topic, thmee, style etc. I suggest you look at the lisitings here: http://www.erotica-readers.com/ERA/index.htm and ask us about any you are thinking of submitting to.

mrobinson
03-31-2006, 07:52 PM
Congratulations on your sale. I am new to the forum. I have been writing since I could hold a pen and form words -- but, I just made my first sale. One of the stories I have written 'Mi Destino' will be included in Zane's Caramel Flava scheduled for release in October. It feels so go!!!!!

veinglory
03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Congrats-- I for one am hoping to see a few more 'flavas' ;)

Alexandros
04-01-2006, 02:55 AM
Good for you, Alexandros--and nice to meet you, too. Welcome!

Maryn, not published lately

Thanks, Maryn. Actually, I have a longer novel also sold, which will appear in Dec 2006 as a Special Edition (for longer works of fiction). This one is titled, "The Spartan Slave".

You can check out the synopsis and also various reviews I've received for the current work on my web site.

Hope you publish soon and when you do, please be sure to post a link so that we can check this out. Good luck to you.

Link to my site : http://greekfiction.blogspot.com

James Buchanan
04-08-2006, 07:16 PM
:hooray: Just got word that Torquere Press is picking up my Goth, Gay, Erotic Novel about a Cop and a Nevada Gaming Control Agent for thier Turn-of-the-Screw serial fiction line. It'll go 12 months (or so depending on how we break it up) there and then move into thier regular E-book Catalog.

Me, excited... oh h*** yeah

mrobinson
05-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey Quincunxes

I'm a fellow Caramel Flava author. The story I have written titled Mi Destino will appear in Caramel Flava. Congrats on both Caramel Flava and WOW!!! -- your Kensington deal!!! I am both a newbe at writing erotica and at submitting my work for publication and so I am curious whether you were able to accomplish this unagented or do you have an agent. I have several stories I have written and I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the daunting task of getting an agent versus the equally daunting task of getting published without one (and joining the extremely frightening "slush" pile that editors sift through day after day). Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Again, congratulations and I look forward to reading Overhaul!

omega12596
05-06-2006, 04:12 AM
Well, LOL, I haven't 'sold' a new idea since December of last year, but I contracted six books, with Changeling Press, then. I'm down to the last two books to be written, but I'm already letting myself think of new ideas. By September, most likely, I'll have eight books out with them.

Next step, LOL, is to follow veinglory and move into longer book length. I know Loose dropped their word count requirements, but I want to go into at least fifty thousand range. ROFL, if I can write two 100K mss., I should be able to get to fifty.

CrimsonsErotica
05-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Have started to make a few sales with my book Crimson's Erotica - Volume One (http://www.lulu.com/content/304149) at Lulu. I guess I am my own publisher, so I have to pay myself a commision out of my royalty. Maybe I will be nice and take myself out to lunch. :D

Hey, it's a start, and my book is in print now.

Lee_OC
05-17-2006, 11:18 PM
I've never noticed this thread before...

My story "Good Fortune" current appears in the anthology BOSSLADY (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0977778827/sr=8-2/qid=1147893454/ref=sr_1_2/102-7169618-7927363?%5Fencoding=UTF8). The eBook is available now, and the print book will be available 5/20.

I also have a mini eBook coming out in early June. Published by Freya's Bower (http://freyasbower.com), my book is a pair of erotic short stories w/ a Western theme. The first story is set in the Old West, and the second is set in the '70s.

James Buchanan
05-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Contgrats to you all.

JulesJones
07-04-2006, 04:11 AM
Bah humbug. Had to re-register after the server fell over.

Anyway, I've sold a short story to Clean Sheets. Don't have a publication date as yet.

veinglory
07-04-2006, 04:20 AM
congrats!

Lee_OC
07-04-2006, 04:29 AM
Wow, congrats!

I would love to publish something in Clean Sheets. Submitted twice - rejected twice. Ah, well.

Popeyesays
07-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Hey Quincunxes

I'm a fellow Caramel Flava author. The story I have written titled Mi Destino will appear in Caramel Flava. Congrats on both Caramel Flava and WOW!!! -- your Kensington deal!!! I am both a newbe at writing erotica and at submitting my work for publication and so I am curious whether you were able to accomplish this unagented or do you have an agent. I have several stories I have written and I'm trying to weigh the pros and cons of the daunting task of getting an agent versus the equally daunting task of getting published without one (and joining the extremely frightening "slush" pile that editors sift through day after day). Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Again, congratulations and I look forward to reading Overhaul!

If they are short stories, go at it by yourself. A lot of agents don't want short stories, they make very little money at it. If you can anthologize them, then you might try an agent, but I am not sure how many welcome erotica which is often an E-Book market.

Try Ellora's Cave, Freya's Bower, Changeling Press, Forbidden Press, Chippewa Publications, eXtasy Books ( I just sold two stories there).

Regards,
Scott

veinglory
07-12-2006, 04:07 AM
King of Dragons to Samhain. My first contract with an honest to goodness *advance* ($100--which to me is plenty useful!)

Lee_OC
07-12-2006, 04:10 AM
King of Dragons to Samhain. My first contract with an honest to goodness *advance* ($100--which to me is plenty useful!)

Very cool. Congratulations!

Happy dance for the advance :snoopy:

triceretops
07-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Yea, way to go, Veinglory! You did it! Much success to you.

Tri

KatyaFleur
07-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Woohoo! Congratulations! :snoopy:

Katya

James Buchanan
07-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Whoo!

JanDarby
07-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Cool. I'm still an "advance" virgin myself.

JD

Popeyesays
07-15-2006, 12:26 AM
O just got the proposed cover art for my Erica Steele stories at eXtasy Books. I'll give it a "9", and its got a good rhythym you can dance to. . . The Jinn might be less human and scarier, but it's still a nice piece by Martine Jardin.

I'd show you all, but it's on my computer not a URL so I can't post it to this message.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays
07-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Here's the cover:

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4449b073m24b47f5d/bc/My+Documents/ERICADJINN.jpg?bfKCCuEB4L3xCwYp

Lee_OC
07-15-2006, 03:56 AM
w00t! Just received an acceptance letter from Good Vibes Magazine. It was my 2nd attempt to break into that market. Yay!!

Popeyesays - that cover link didn't work for me.

James Buchanan
07-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Congrats both of you. (and the link isn't working for me either).

Popeyesays
w00t! Just received an acceptance letter from Good Vibes Magazine. It was my 2nd attempt to break into that market. Yay!!

Popeyesays - that cover link didn't work for me.

I hung it up in my briefcase at Yahoo, maybe you can't access it. I put a teenytiny version in my avatar space.

Regards,
Scott

veinglory
It worked ok for me ;)

Lee_OC
07-15-2006, 05:42 AM
Yahell always hates me.

The teeny-tiny version is sweet though. :)

Popeyesays
07-18-2006, 12:54 AM
I just finished Galley corrections on the first Erica Steele story, and it goes up for sale on Friday!

Regard,
Scott

Lee_OC
07-18-2006, 04:54 AM
Congratulations! :partyguy:

Popeyesays
07-18-2006, 06:12 AM
Erica's Website: (Temporary, anyway) It's just text right now. Next month I'll register a domain at Yahoo and do the bells and whistles. Webspawner want's five box a month for what I can get at Yahoo for about $45.00
http://www.webspawner.com/users/ericasteelephd/index.html

psm0904
07-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Oh! If you don't mind, ladies, I have questions!!! I wondered how long Whiskey Creek takes to get back to you. How about Liquid Silver? I upped the "Hotness" of my novels when I found out hot sells the most. My first novel is being reviewed now for Linden Bay, but it's a small e-pub, and I don't want to limit myself to a smaller e-pub. They come and go so fast. Anyone like Ellora's Cave? I may try them too. Thanks for any/all help of who to send it to! My book is called "Love Games" and it's very unique. The heroine falls in love with a super-hunky man with great assets (wink), then wonders why he teases her (in very unique ways) without doing the deed. She finds out her has Herpes, to put a twist to it, and he won't risk giving it to her so they have to play around in many creative ways. Of course, at the end, it turns out he was misdiagnosed, and there is also a stalker/kidnapping story in it so that the hero/heroine can save one another. Thanks for all tips :) Hey, also, how hot do you go? I've stayed away from S&M so far. Spanking? Some think that's hot! (wink) I've used that.

Popeyesays
07-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I have not had to fool around with bondage or spanking. My story has a main character who has been magically transgendered, but stuck in the pre-op state. Being alt. lifestyle limited its attractiveness to many of the e-pub houses and it has no tradition HEA type ending, and no monogamous couples, triads, quartets, quintets, etc. That made it a hard sell to some houses. One e-pub bumped my first story to the head of the list based on the query, but seemingly regretful decided they couldn't handle it within the parameters of what they were doing. It sold on the third submission.

Regards,
Scott

Lee_OC
07-30-2006, 10:01 PM
Re: Liquid Silver...after looking at the synopsis and 3 chapters of my novella, they requested a full. I submitted it about 2 weeks ago and am waiting to hear back. When I do, I'll let you know. :)

"Hot" is completely subjective. I like some aspects of BDSM, but spankings don't do anything for me. If I'm not turned on by something, I have a hard time writing about it. Everyone has a different button to push. :)

btw - just to let you know, the writers in this forum aren't all female. We have a few men in here.

Popeyesays
07-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Re: Liquid Silver...after looking at the synopsis and 3 chapters of my novella, they requested a full. I submitted it about 2 weeks ago and am waiting to hear back. When I do, I'll let you know. :)

"Hot" is completely subjective. I like some aspects of BDSM, but spankings don't do anything for me. If I'm not turned on by something, I have a hard time writing about it. Everyone has a different button to push. :)

btw - just to let you know, the writers in this forum aren't all female. We have a few men in here.

I have a Y chromosome for one, though I have only daughters, so I didn't pass it on. :e2headban

There's a lot of men who write romance of one form or the other, some even use a female pseudonym. I guess it's payback for Mary Andre Norton, and all the other female authors who could not get published in the past because they were female.

Erotica readers are almost exclusively female on the other hand. Even the gay stories are largely read by women:e2tongue:

Regards,
Scott

JanDarby
07-31-2006, 12:14 AM
Liquid Silver may be a teeny-weeny bit slowed down for the next few weeks, due to the publisher's family emergency, but when they acquired my book, they followed the timelines they listed on their site pretty closely. I believe they confirmed receipt of the manuscript within a day or two, and responded on the full manuscript within about a month.

As to heat levels, the best thing to do is to read the excerpts from the various publishers, and check out the heat level ratings that some have. Liquid Silver didn't used to have heat level ratings, but has recently added a "Molten Silver" line to distinguish some of its more adventurous books from its already erotic books.

And, really, the absolute best thing you can do to get an idea of how far each publisher goes, and whether your books fits in there, etc., is to read a few of the bestselling books (or the books that most appeal to you, as something perhaps similar to the type of book you're writing) from each of the publishers.

JD

Stacia Kane
07-31-2006, 12:49 AM
Oh! If you don't mind, ladies, I have questions!!! I wondered how long Whiskey Creek takes to get back to you.

If I remember correctly, WCP took about 2 months to get back to me on my first sub-2 shorts that they used to launch their Torrid Teasers line. I have no idea how long they take to respond to a new writer now, though, or if it's different for novels-I'd already sold them the Teaser stories and one for their Sping Flings antho when I sent them my novel Prince of Death. (The cover is in my user profile, btw-I love it. WCP has fantastic cover artists.)

Anyone like Ellora's Cave? I may try them too.

Just be aware that EC's response time is currently anywhere from 9 months-1 year for a partial, and even after you're writing for them it takes a while. They really are the biggest and most well known, so they're swamped and have a pretty small (though excellent) staff.

My book is called "Love Games" and it's very unique. The heroine falls in love with a super-hunky man with great assets (wink), then wonders why he teases her (in very unique ways) without doing the deed. She finds out her has Herpes, to put a twist to it, and he won't risk giving it to her so they have to play around in many creative ways. Of course, at the end, it turns out he was misdiagnosed, and there is also a stalker/kidnapping story in it so that the hero/heroine can save one another. Thanks for all tips :) Hey, also, how hot do you go? I've stayed away from S&M so far. Spanking? Some think that's hot! (wink) I've used that.

That is a unique plot, indeed.

I go as hot as the story needs to go, really. :) One of my Teaser stories was BDSM, which was a lot of fun to write.

JulesJones
08-08-2006, 02:04 AM
Non-erotica sale - Firefox News (an sf webzine which predates and has nothing to do with the browser) has accepted my review of 1970s children's sf series "Children of the Stones". Only $10, but that's still $10 more than I've had out of Amazon for writing reviews...

Lee_OC
08-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Jules, congrats on the sale!

Lee_OC
08-15-2006, 04:18 AM
Just received an offer from Liquid Silver for my novella. w00t!

triceretops
08-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Way to knock it out of the park, Lee! That's great!

Tri

James Buchanan
08-15-2006, 06:06 AM
Hey Jules... I just sold Jules... Lord Carabas.

My psociopathic, bi-sexual half-elf story was picked up by Phaze. It's an alternate reality historical.

They've had a few hiccups lately, but I think they're getting back on track. And they're taking thier best selling novel length titles into Borders and Waldens. Since LC is 85k ... it gives me a shot.

JanDarby
08-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Hey, Lee, welcome to LSB. I'll see you on the authors' forum over there!

JD

Lee_OC
08-16-2006, 03:52 AM
trice & Jan - thanks for the kind words. I'm really stoked. :)

James - congrats on the sale!

James Buchanan
08-16-2006, 04:54 AM
You to... shall we dance wildly about the forum?

Popeyesays
08-16-2006, 07:07 AM
You to... shall we dance wildly about the forum?

Lee, James Congrats to both of you! :snoopy: :partyguy: :Thumbs: :Clap: :Hail:

Scott

Stacia Kane
08-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Congrats on the sales! Excellent news!

Lee_OC
08-17-2006, 02:04 AM
We shall all do the happy dance! And a group hug for everyone working on old and new projects.

Popeyesays
08-17-2006, 03:23 AM
I got an offer for my SF book Sword of the Dajjal this afternoon. It's from a micro-press, and there may be some ineptitude in the contract, so I am not popping any corks as yet. It is, however, encouraging since it's a firm offer for my very first novel.

Regards,

Scott

Lee_OC
08-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Congrats on the offer! I'll offer you a cold beer instead. :)

Popeyesays
08-17-2006, 04:49 AM
If we can make it a Sharps or a Cutter, you're on!

Regards,
Scott

triceretops
08-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Way to go, Scott. Really happy for you. You do all the thinking you want, since the ball is in your court.

Tri

JulesJones
08-24-2006, 03:00 PM
My short story "Lord and Master" went up at Clean Sheets on 23 August. :-)

http://www.cleansheets.com/fiction/jones_08.23.0

triceretops
08-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Way to rack em up, Jules. Nice credit for you!

Tri:snoopy: :snoopy:

Lee_OC
08-29-2006, 02:01 AM
Congrats, Jules!

Ok, so I have a sale that's not officially a sale (no pay except for publicitiy). I have a guest column now online at Sex-kitten.net (http://sex-kitten.net)

You can read my column here (http://www.sex-kitten.net/2453976161351.html).

Stacia Kane
08-31-2006, 10:41 PM
The novel my crit partner (Anna J Evans) and I wrote sold to EC today! We're still working on a new title, as they weren't crazy about the one we had.

But so what, I'm an EC author now! YAY!

Lee_OC
08-31-2006, 11:21 PM
The novel my crit partner (Anna J Evans) and I wrote sold to EC today! We're still working on a new title, as they weren't crazy about the one we had.

But so what, I'm an EC author now! YAY!

w00t! Fantastic news! :snoopy:

James Buchanan
09-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Soooooo... cool. I'm envious.

JulesJones
09-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Sold my "sf fan meets sidhe" short story to the queer sf anthology "Distant Horizons". :-)

veinglory
09-02-2006, 02:17 AM
You are all making me feel very inadequate--I mean, yay! Heh, better get writing or you'll all leave me here in the dust!

Lee_OC
09-02-2006, 03:04 AM
Jules, congrats on the sale!

Yeah, I'd better get back to the keyboard.

JulesJones
09-02-2006, 01:27 PM
Just to make my week complete, note from my editor at Loose Id to say that she's accepting the dolphin shapeshifter novel. :-) Of course, I'd have been rather surprised if she hadn't, as it does lean rather heavily on her buttons. :->

Stacia Kane
09-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Yay! Congrats!

JanDarby
09-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Kudos to everyone!

JD

brainstorm77
09-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Congrats :)

LilaDubois
09-06-2006, 05:08 AM
Sale (my first!) to Liquid Silver. 70,000 word fantasy.

Lee_OC
09-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Lila, congrats on your first sale! Hope this will be the first of many more. w00t!!

veinglory
09-06-2006, 05:49 AM
Well done, Lila!

kristin724
09-06-2006, 05:49 AM
I'm surrounded! 80)

JanDarby
09-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Welcome to LSB!

JD

LilaDubois
09-06-2006, 11:32 PM
*jumping up and down and waving*

Hi Hi Hi!

I was going for cool calm professionalism right after I got the offer but that has degraded to rollicking excitement.

James Buchanan
09-07-2006, 07:00 AM
And soon that should evolve into drunken abandonment....

Congrats on the sale.

LilaDubois
09-07-2006, 08:50 PM
no doubt soon it will.

:e2drunk:

Thanks!

Popeyesays
09-13-2006, 02:53 AM
My first short story at eXtasy sold 13 copies the first three weeks it was out. Is that any good? It was about 4.33 copies a week.

Regards,
Scott

Lee_OC
09-13-2006, 04:00 AM
Scott, I'm not sure how that compares with others. Congrats on your first 13 sales though. :)

JanDarby
09-13-2006, 07:25 AM
It's hard to tell what's good and what's not (in terms of sales numbers) in epubbing today, in part because there are so many new epubs opening shop these days. Comparison numbers from even a year ago are somewhat unreliable, because there are (I suspect) about the same number of people buying ebooks, but there are more books being released.

Unless you sell zero books or a thousand books in the first month (which would range from clearly bad to clearly outstanding), there's not much else to be gleaned from the numbers.

It also takes time to develop name recognition, etc. This is a long-term commitment, not, as I'm sure you know, a career in which immediate gratification (so to speak) happens.

Not to bum you out, but the majority (or at least the fastest velocity) of your sales are likely to be in the first month or so. On the plus side, as you get some more books out there (yeah, yeah, I know -- I need to listen to my own advice, but you can be smarter than me and do this ASAP), there's a chance for an increase in sales of your backlist down the road.

Moral of this non-fiction story: Keep writing and submitting.

JD

Popeyesays
09-13-2006, 07:46 AM
It's hard to tell what's good and what's not (in terms of sales numbers) in epubbing today, in part because there are so many new epubs opening shop these days. Comparison numbers from even a year ago are somewhat unreliable, because there are (I suspect) about the same number of people buying ebooks, but there are more books being released.

Unless you sell zero books or a thousand books in the first month (which would range from clearly bad to clearly outstanding), there's not much else to be gleaned from the numbers.

It also takes time to develop name recognition, etc. This is a long-term commitment, not, as I'm sure you know, a career in which immediate gratification (so to speak) happens.

Not to bum you out, but the majority (or at least the fastest velocity) of your sales are likely to be in the first month or so. On the plus side, as you get some more books out there (yeah, yeah, I know -- I need to listen to my own advice, but you can be smarter than me and do this ASAP), there's a chance for an increase in sales of your backlist down the road.

JD

Absolutely! I have a second story in the series at eXtasy awaiting release. My sci-fi novel sold last month and is in editing now. I'm even trying to novelize the stories at eXtasy, toned down somewhat erotically for print publication.

Regards,
Scott

Alexandros
09-21-2006, 05:19 PM

JD

I guess, as a writer, there are several stages... There is first of all, the urge to write something, to pour out your ideas ... then there's the long, cumbersome task of editing / re-writes etc. to produce an acceptable draft for submission.

Next, you wait and wait.... then, bingo, one day you get your acceptance letter.

Does it end here ? No, it's just beginnning now.

The next phase is even more interesting as you wait for the reviews to come in, with questions plaguing your mind - will they like it or will they hate it ? Is my stuff boring ? Who will read it ? How will they like it? Will they tell their friends about it ?

Finally, comes the date of publication, when your novel or other work is available for sale .....

I think it's impossible to really figure out (especially with just one work published) how good an impact you'll make in the marketplace. Some writers do very well on the first and then ... poof, no more sales. Others do very poorly (barely any sales) but as time goes on and more works are published, readers come in - first a trickle, then a little more, a little more and then, one day - a flood.

Well, each author's journey is different and like anything else, some make it all the way to the top, some don't. It's impossible to write with an objective of selling well etc.. as writing, at least to me, is very subjective, very personal and extremely intense. It is a private struggle between the author and his or her imaginary world of characters and the last thing which often enters your mind is the sales pitch that needs to accompany the work. Most authors I have known focus mostly on the work and if they are successful, I guess it's in their fates.

If you really ask me, I really don't know what makes a book sell and what doesn't. It's a mystery. That's why, when you write, forget about how it will sell or do in the marketplace.

Try to tell a good story, with strong dramatic action, interesting characters - in short, give it your best and then, perhaps, one day, everyone will see it, read it and take you to the top.

Does this mean that you're a great writer then, if you achieve that ?

Again, that's an elusive concept - who is a great writer ? Most people become great writers only after their deaths - so, don't worry about it now.

As authors and writers, we can dream, we can imagine and above all - we can write. We sure can't sell worth a damn.

Katherine Cross
09-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I made my first sale to Ellora's Cave. Nutcracker Prince will release in December and is a m/m/f menage with m/m interaction. My next with them (winging its way to the editor soon) is a m/m werewolf called Lupercalia.

I don't have a lot of experience yet, of course, but I've found Ellora's Cave to be a really warm, encouraging place. Response time to outside submissions is a bit slow, but if you're clever about it and try to break in via their special themed series (which I did), then you won't face that problem.

James Buchanan
09-23-2006, 07:30 PM
cool on the EC sale.

Popeyesays
09-23-2006, 11:53 PM
It's not an erotica sale, but I did sell my SF novel a month ago and the signed contracts went in last week. Production date is February 12th next, no ISBN as yet, though copyright is filed.
Title: Sword of the Dajjal (85,000 words), Capri Publishing, Oklahoma.

I sent the novel as far as London, and wound up selling it to a small press a few miles from my house. If it goes out on schedule, it'll be just short of a year since the story first hit paper.

Regards,
Scott

Lee_OC
09-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Congrats to Katherine and Scott!!

Just sold my first story to Discipline and Desire (romantic spanking stories).

I found out about them from Barrie Abalard, one of the participants on the EREC blog. Thanks to Barrie. Special thanks for Emily Veinglory for creating the EREC site. :)

Writer2011
09-25-2006, 07:23 AM
I have a few stories on tit-elation.com--no it's not much exposure but at least it's something.

Currently i'm working on a piece--it's not true erotica, but it is if that makes sense. I want to be sure if say Ellora's Cave or Harlequin might be interested... but I don't know if they accept 1st person?

Oh well--the never-ending dillema.

JanDarby
09-25-2006, 05:45 PM
As far as I know, both EC and Harlequin (Spice) accept first person for erotic romance (except, as I understand it, Spice is erotica, not erotic romance). The editors I've heard speak seem to prefer third person, but there's no absolute bar to first person (which is fortunate, because I have at least one project that I really want to keep in first person, although I usually write in third).

Some publishers, though, seem to actually prefer first person. I was reading several samples recently, including one that seemed more first-person-inclined, and I think it was Black Lace (the imprint of Virgin Books, a British publisher that also does Cheek, which is US-set, but I didn't happen to read any of them). What about the Secrets anthologies, with Red Sage Publishing? If you go to their website (goog "Red Sage Publishing"), you can see excerpts of the stories and check whether any are first person. Actually, you could check the excerpts at any of the epubs in the same manner.

It's really useful to pick up and read a few samples from each publisher, preferably by top sellers if you can figure out who they are, to get a feel for how they differ. Some are more literary, some are more blue-collar, some are more plot-focussed, etc. The differences are obvious if you read the books, not so much if you read the guidelines and websites.

JD

troutkitty
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Has accepted my hot!gay!kink!vamp novel. I wrote it for a friend's birthday, thinking, huh, I wonder how this will possibly find a market, and then I found Loose-Id. It was like click, click, click.

eldragon
10-13-2006, 05:35 AM
I tried to write an erotic romance story for a romance website that advertised on this site. It was a first for me - and she wants to buy the story!

YEAH!

So I guess I can write some hot stuff! I finally showed it to my husband and he loved it ............wants to read it again! (Let's wait until the kids are in school, honey..... Storytime is at 8 A.M.)

veinglory
10-13-2006, 05:41 AM
Well done!

Lee_OC
10-18-2006, 06:53 AM
troutkitty, congrats on finding the right market!

eldragon, congrats on your first sale! exciting, isn't it?

Well, I just sold my second story to Discipline and Desire. w00t!

James Buchanan
10-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Congrats all! I need to poke my head in here more often.

kristin724
10-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Congrats to all you guys-and if I may be so bold, a little conrgats for myself. My vampire novel was just accepted at Mardi Gras!

Sure I've had my share of stories, non fic, odds and ends but Now. I. Am. Published!

I'll chat more realisticly after I calm down!

I love you guys!

Lee_OC
10-23-2006, 04:32 AM
kristin! that's awesome!!

celebration...woohoo!! :partyguy:

BarbaraSheridan
10-23-2006, 06:05 AM
Anne and I just received an offer from Loose ID for Winter Song the short follow up to our novel Orange Moon coming from L-ID in March '07

Gotta love those Inspirational pretty pretty J-rock boys *points to icon*

JanDarby
10-23-2006, 07:03 PM
I just got an email from Liquid Silver Books (which published my previous novella), labeling Her Favorite Vice a "unique concept" and saying it's been accepted for publication, with the contract to be sent out soon.

JD, breathing a sigh of relief over having jumped, however slowly and rickety, the hurdle of "second book syndrome."

Maryn
10-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Excellent. I credit the track cleats--and your talent.

Maryn, working on much lower hurdles

Lee_OC
10-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Congrats to Barbara and Jan!

We should have an AW Erotic forum party. :snoopy:

Popeyesays
10-24-2006, 05:20 PM

When? I'll be there (in a digital sense).

I'm looking forward to a book cover pretty soon for mine.

Regards,
Scott

:hooray: :partyguy: :Cake: :banana: :Jump: :PartySmil

eldragon
10-31-2006, 06:10 PM
I tried to write an erotic romance story for a romance website that advertised on this site. It was a first for me - and she wants to buy the story!

YEAH!

So I guess I can write some hot stuff! I finally showed it to my husband and he loved it ............wants to read it again! (Let's wait until the kids are in school, honey..... Storytime is at 8 A.M.)

Well, it's been several weeks and I haven't received the promised contract in the mail, and the contact person hasn't returned any follow-up emails I have sent.

I guess I'll start shopping for another place to publish my story.

James Buchanan
11-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Sorry to hear that. Not fun.

Alexandros
12-05-2006, 11:11 PM

Sounds like a good idea... Congrats as well to Barbara and Jan.

My second novel, "The Spartan Slave" has just been released by Whiskey Creek Press - http://www.whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com

Be sure to check it out. It is fairly long and is set in 199 BC. The novel is about a Spartan warrior who is destined to become chief of the council but instead, abandons his heritage, choosing to become a slave instead. Now, what would make him do that ? It is love, of course, a force which is extremely tough to overcome, even for the greatest of warriors.

Now that I've said my piece, here's wishing everyone good luck in their publishing efforts. Whiskey Creek Press has been good to me and I have recently signed a third contract with them for another long novel, a sequel to the above, called "The Roman Slave". Will post details as I know them.

Lee_OC
12-07-2006, 05:00 AM
Alexandros, congrats on the publication!

It's been a bit quiet in here. I know I haven't been writing much. Hit a rut and am working on other things. I hope everyone can report more sales over the holiday season. Cheers!

LilaDubois
12-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm in that hateful waiting period, where i am so distracted by waiting for word back from anyone about the subs I have out that I can't write anything new.

triceretops
12-07-2006, 01:18 PM
I'll join that party. Am so dejected after two months and more, haven't heard from 15 publishers. My agent tried to call three times, and I've missed them all. His email account is frazzled apparently, and I'm trying to contact him on the new one. Nothing yet.

My nerves are sawed in half. I"m getting little writing done since my head is unscrewed worrying about all of this other stuff.

Tri

James Buchanan
12-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm in that hateful waiting period, where i am so distracted by waiting for word back from anyone about the subs I have out that I can't write anything new.
Maybe that's my issue. Waiting to here on an MS from the last major pub I sent it too. Then it's off to round two of the next teir. Although I should be happy b/c I sold book two of a series to the publisher, but yeah, I feel like I'm in a holding pattern becasue of that other book.

Maryn
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Gee, maybe I should actually submit something... although the hellishness of waiting isn't all that tempting.

Maryn, coward

JanDarby
12-07-2006, 07:33 PM
December is always tough for me to get my fiction act together. Too many distractions, and my day job intrudes, b/c there are year-end crises. Sometimes we need to accept that we just can't do any significant writing until a given date (gotta set a date, or it can become permanent), and then, once we've got permission not to write, it takes away the guilt and the self-flagellation, and frees up the muse, either immediately or when life gets out of the way.

Meanwhile, consider playing with a writing project that you KNOW has no market, or that you KNOW is outside your usual genre or some such thing that has no pressure attached to it. It may actually end up being published, but for now, if you KNOW it's got no chance of going anywhere, it can free you up to play instead of work, and, you never know, b/c it might just end up being brilliant and finding a market. But the key is just to remove all vestiges of "should" or "must" or "have to," and rediscover the fun of storytelling. It won't affect your productivity negatively, b/c you're not going to get anything else done anyway, so you might as well feed your Muse, so you'll be able to be productive in January.

JD

Lee_OC
12-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Ditto what Jan said. The year-end is a tough time to write, because there are so many other things to get done.

Currently I'm working on genre flash fiction for an anthology project. It's nice to take a break from writing about body parts and sweaty sex.

Waiting for responses always drives me crazy. I try to stay busy and not think about the sent submissions.

James Buchanan
12-08-2006, 07:21 AM
Yeah, except I promised a Novella by 1/31 and a short by 1/15...

Lee_OC
12-19-2006, 03:20 AM
not a sales, but I just wanted to pimp my new release. Info in my signature. Thanks.

Lee_OC
01-08-2007, 02:21 AM
*crickets chirping* it's quiet in this thread.

2007 is starting off pretty well. Recently sold another short story to Discipline and Desire (http://disciplineanddesire.com). I'm 3 for 3 with them so far.

Hope everyone has a successful 2007. I'm rooting for you all!

blisswriter
01-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just dropping in to say that I was recently notified that a story I subbed almost a year ago was accepted for an upcoming erotica anthology.

I don't remember if I posted anything about it here in our genre subforum but I wrote about in this link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27253&highlight=blisswriter

I wasn't told when the book is expected on shelves but I'll come back and post when I find out.

Now I have to print and complete 5 copies of the contract so I can mail them later today. :D

(I edited this because I don't know if I'm supposed to tell the "who" and "what" just yet...)

Michelle Hoppe
01-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Very exciting news , Congrats Blisswriter

Maryn
01-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey, Bliss, good for you!

Maryn, smiling big

blisswriter
01-24-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks y'all. :) I mailed out the contracts (thankfully five originals of just one page) along with my bio and a short cover letter earlier today.

Now I have to find my electronic version to e-mail to the publisher (original sub was snail mail, at their request). I might save it for tomorrow's to-do list though. The deadline for receipt is Feb. 1 and I have a massive headache right now.:cry:

My hubby said he's gonna take me out Friday to celebrate. I think he thinks this means I'm gonna land that six-figure book deal this year.:ROFL:

BarbaraSheridan
01-24-2007, 09:08 AM
:hooray:

Congratulations!

JanDarby
02-01-2007, 10:03 PM
It's not official yet, but Ruthie's Club just emailed me to say they're buying a short story, The Chocolate Widow, and encouraging me to send them more stuff in the future!

JD

blisswriter
02-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Congratulations JD! :D

Lee_OC
02-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Congrats to Bliss and Jan!!

JulesJones
02-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Alex and I sold a short to [redacted]'s "slash with the serial numbers filed off" anthology.

26 Nov 2007 ETA: I've blanked the name of the press, because they have cancelled the anthology in circumstances which make me feel that I should remove any possibility of other authors seeing the post as an endorsement of the press. I don't have enough first-hand information to feel comfortable with starting an actual warning thread in Bewares and Background Checks, but I've heard enough second-hand information that I'll be warning other authors who ask about them to check privately with EREC.

I presume that I have sold *something* to Loose Id, because I got an email from my editor earlier this week rattling off a list of ideas I've mentioned in the past couple of years and wishing to know what was appearing in her in-tray next and when. :-)

LilaDubois
02-06-2007, 02:34 AM
Just sold a short to Samahin for their summer anthology.

My second sale! YAY! :hooray:

MargueriteMing
02-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Conga-rats!

veinglory
02-06-2007, 03:04 AM
There really should be a smiley for that.

MargueriteMing
02-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Yeah, we need a smiley thing with a dozen of those rnats doing a conga line, that would be hot.

pepperlandgirl
02-06-2007, 06:28 AM
I've been focusing on writing and publishing with my partner (the beautiful and talented Vivien Dean) for the past six months or so. As Jamie Craig, we recently sold our novels Chasing Silver to Juno Books, and Craving Kismet to Samhain. We also sold a short story, Liaisons in Jubilee to Samhain, and a novella, Unclose Me to Liquid Silver Books.

veinglory
02-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Wow, someone's been busy!

pepperlandgirl
02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Indeed. Basically, we're trying to do what I mentioned before--get our new name out there before Chasing Silver. I think we both have some name recognition built up, but Jamie Craig is a blank slate...

It helps that when we're on, we're really on. We started a new novel 10 days ago, and we're up to 65K...

BarbaraSheridan
02-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Anne Cain and I have sold an M/M to Ellora's Cave to be included in their upcoming "Naughty Nuptials" themed Quickies series set to be out in June.

veinglory
02-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Yay for getting something with EC!

Zannie
02-18-2007, 03:41 AM
Anne Cain and I have sold an M/M to Ellora's Cave to be included in their upcoming "Naughty Nuptials" themed Quickies series set to be out in June.

Congratulations! I have a Naughty Nuptial Quickie coming out too. So far, I've really enjoyed working with EC.

BarbaraSheridan
02-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Thank you!

It will be interesting to see how the numbers compare to our other m/m things currently out.

Stacia Kane
02-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I've just sold an erotic vampire romance to EC!

My crit/writing partner and I have already sold a book there, but this is my first solo sale so I'm waaay excited!

MargueriteMing
02-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Congrats!

Lee_OC
02-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Congrats on the new sales!

I'd better get back to writing... :)

pepperlandgirl
02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
My partner and I just contracted our 3rd novel, Master of Obsidian, with Amber Quill Press. It's M/M, paranormal (vamp), BDSM, with a mystery! What's not to love, I ask you.

Stacia Kane
02-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow, you guys are really on a roll, Pepper! Awesome!

triceretops
02-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Dang, Pepper! I had NO idea you were that prolific. I just came from your website. Whoa! I'm seriously impressed. How good on you for another credit like this.

Tri

KimJo
02-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Excellent, Pepper!

pepperlandgirl
02-22-2007, 11:27 PM
Dang, Pepper! I had NO idea you were that prolific. I just came from your website. Whoa! I'm seriously impressed. How good on you for another credit like this.

Tri

Hee, thanks. I spend pretty much all my spare time working. I think I took the "Writer's write...ALWAYS" saying a little too seriously these past 2 years.

And when Vivien and I work together, it's just...intense. On my earlier post, I mentioned a novel we were working on that was already up to 65K? We started the novel we just sold the day after I posted that, and it came in at 66K. The 65K novel we finished at 80K, and we're holding onto it, trying to figure out where to submit it...

Popeyesays
03-10-2007, 03:38 AM
I sold The Jars of Doom today--or rather I have the contract offer in my hand to Champagne Books.

I got the contract in the mail for my SF novel Sword of Dajjal last Thursday, so that makes TWO offers in eight days. Ihave GOT to finish my other books.

Regards,
Scott

triceretops
03-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Way to go, Scott! Since I personally know your stories, I'm totally stoked at this outcome. There must be something in the air. Keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Tri

Lee_OC
04-21-2007, 10:10 PM
let me bring back this old thread...

I just received word that my story "Bus Ride" has been accepted by the upcoming anthology E is for Exotic (http://www.amazon.com/gp/explorer/1573442836/2/ref=pd_lpo_ase/102-6083459%20-9745740?ie=UTF8). Click the link to check out the cool cover. :)

James Buchanan
04-25-2007, 06:43 AM
And I think I missed posting it... The Good Thief was picked up by Torquere Press as a Top Shelf Novel for Jan 2008.

JulesJones
04-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Writing partner and I sold a short to the Mammoth Book of Lesbian Erotica. And because I have already heard all the jokes, let me point out that no, that is not an anthology for lesbian mammoths...

JanDarby
04-25-2007, 08:10 PM
It's nice to see some activity here!

JD

Stacia Kane
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Congrats, everyone!

I sold an erotic fantasy romance to EC for their Torrid Tarot line, and my CP and I sold another paranormal menage to EC as well.

Rebecca James
05-09-2007, 01:59 PM
cogratulations December! (although I may have already said that on your blog.) Nevermind, congrats again...and again :)

pepperlandgirl
05-29-2007, 03:15 AM
We've contracted the two sequels of Master of Obsidian--Unveiled and Mosaic Moon--to Amber Quill Press. And we contracted two shorter novels with them, Keeping Time and Fortune's Honor. We also just sold a book to Liquid Silver Books, Brindisi Bedfellows.

JanDarby
05-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Good, good, good.

This thread's been too quiet lately. I hope to hear lots more good news soon.

JD

Stacia Kane
05-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Awesome news, Pepper!

LilaDubois
06-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I just sold my second full length story to Liquid Silver.

triceretops
06-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Very nice hit, Lila! Good credit there.

Tri

JanDarby
08-10-2007, 02:35 AM
I've been getting overly distracted by new ideas and not finishing anything, but I finally got my act together in the last couple weeks and submitted a couple short stories and a novella, and today one of the short stories, "Demon Troubles," was bought by Ruthiesclub.com.

I can't believe no one else here has sold since June (although, come to think of it, June and July were my worst months for not getting stories finished, so maybe there was something in the air, and it wasn't just me). Who else is making sales?

JD

BarbaraSheridan
08-10-2007, 06:16 AM
I can't believe no one else here has sold since June

JD

I didn't get around to posting but Anne and I made two more m/m sales to Loose ID. One part fo our ChildsPrey series and a standalone paranormal.

Lee_OC
08-10-2007, 10:14 AM
I haven't been on this board in a while. I've sold a short to DisciplineandDesire.com. I plan to submit at least 5 short stories this month.

Congrats to everyone. Let's keep it up!

LilaDubois
10-14-2007, 04:08 AM
I just sold a 50K paranormal to Samhain, it's my first longer story with them.

JanDarby
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Yay, Lila!

JD

LilaDubois
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks Jan!!!

Nicole_Gestalt
10-15-2007, 05:16 AM
I forgot to mention this earlier but I just contracted (well last month now) a story with Phaze called Cold Fire (currently) it will be out next summer.

Giles English
10-21-2007, 12:35 AM
I've been "captioning" for a pay site, that is turning sequences of erm adult photos into photo stories, a bit like the old Jackie strips! It pays... not well per photo, but it's a great chance to experiment with ideas and get feedback from readers.

Lee_OC
11-28-2007, 04:07 AM
*blowing dust off this thread*

I've visited this forum in a while. Recently I sold a story to Discipline and Desire, an adult movie review, and paid (adult) blog posts. Currently I am working on new short stories and revisiting an outline for a novel.

Anyone else? What have you been up to?

triceretops
11-28-2007, 05:50 AM
Just received a contract from Blu Phi'er for my SF novel Plantet Janitor--Custodian of the Stars. My agent and the publisher reworked the contract specifically for me, almost completely rewritten. Got a small advance, 25% on cover price, and retained ALL rights exept electronic. Needless to say, I've never seen a small press compromise or give up so much for an acquisition. I'm rather dumbfounded, but pleasantly surprised.

I owe a special thanks to Eric, Scott Saylors, and Michael Bernoudy for having such faith in me.

Tri

Nicole_Gestalt
12-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Congratulations on the contract re-jug and the acceptance triceretops I've heard nothing but good things about Blu Phi'er. Let me know how it goes.

I've just heard that my piece Melting Point has been accepted into the Coming Together series. It will be in the Coming Together: Under Fire anthology with all proceeds going to help those affected by the Californian Wildfires. It will be published by Phaze and is pencilled in for a January release (in both ebook and print formats)

It's the first story I've written exploring the use of wax in 'play' so I'm very excited by it's acceptance.

Sakamonda
12-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi all--

Just tooting my own horn, here. Landed a deal with two different publisher---one an e-pub, the other a traditional print---on the same book. My agent was able to work out an agreement between the two publishers to get my book distributed in both formats worldwide. Yay.

I write erotic romance under the pseudonym "Jamaica Layne." My first novel under that pen name, Market For Love, is now out in e-book form from New Concepts Publishing. You can purchase an electronic version of the book by visiting http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/marketforlove.htm (http://www.newconceptspublishing.com/marketforlove.htm)

If you prefer to read your books in traditional print form, a print edition of Market For Love will be released by Virgin Books in August 2008; this edition will be available in the erotica section at your local bookstore or on Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and other online booksellers.

Virgin Books is also asking for right of first refusal on all my future erotica books.

Maryn
12-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Tooting your horn is what this thread's all about. Good for you!

Maryn, hiding her envy reasonably well

Nicole_Gestalt
01-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I've just been told my short story Freedom to Serve will be published in Coming Together: With Pride. A charity anthology that will be published summer this year.

Belle Scarlett
01-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi, y'all, hope I may join in...

Just sold my first romantica novella to EC on New Year's Day. After winning/finalling in a couple of RWA contests with an EC judge presiding, I got the full manuscript request at Thanksgiving '07 and got the good word on New Year's Day '08. Now that was a happy New Year, I must say. Me, the hubby and the cat were all doing the happy dance in our apt. The next day, I got word that my romantic comedy screenplay was being seriously considered by an indie producer/director with his own $$, so I won't have to clash with the WGA strike - whew. I couldn't get arrested in '06/'07, so I'm so thrilled that '08 is starting off so nicely.

Happy New Year, y'all!

Maryn
01-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow, Belle, terrific news on all fronts. I bet you look forward to holidays in a whole new way from this point forward, huh?

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Belle Scarlett
01-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Thanks, Maryn, so nice to meet you! (Calvin & Hobbes is one of my favorites ;-) There seem to be a lot of inspiring folks here, a great vibe.

Lee_OC
01-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Belle and Nicole: congrats to you both!

I recently received an acceptance from Clean Sheets Magazine (http://cleansheets.com/). One of my goals was to have a story published there, so I'm thrilled.

Belle Scarlett
01-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Wonderful, Lee! Nothing like a goal accomplished to provide motivation for more!

Nicole_Gestalt
03-10-2008, 06:08 AM
This place has been a little silent recently so I thought I'd post a sale I had last month.

One of my short stories (roughly 6k) has been accepted as a themed piece and will be released sometime this year. It's great because this piece I would have never submitted to the particular theme but now thinking about it it fits perfectly!

I hope everyone else has been having good news

JanDarby
04-09-2008, 06:09 PM
There must be more sales than we've had announced here. Please, I need to hear some good news!

I just sold another short story to Ruthie's Club. That makes a total of five since last February, three last year and two this year.

Who else needs to 'fess up?

smlgr8
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Sure I sold two novellas to Ellora's Cave within the last month and pretty close to maybe a third in the next week or so.

*Oh and congrats on those sales

Nicole_Gestalt
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I've just heard that Cleansheets has accepted one of my short stories. I'll let you all know when it goes up.

I hope everyone else is having some luck with sales.

Maryn
12-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Good for you, Nicole!

Maryn, darting back into her cave

ELMontague
12-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Congratulations.

smoothseas
12-06-2008, 05:05 AM
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy: mazel tov :snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Bayou Bill
12-07-2008, 01:41 AM
I've just heard that Cleansheets has accepted one of my short stories. I'll let you all know when it goes up.

I hope everyone else is having some luck with sales.
Way to go, Nicole.

Bayou Bill :cool: