• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta wanted for... (I'm not sure!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanDavid

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I know I haven't posted much yet; sorry. I've been really busy trying to complete my project. It's finally finished at 92k words, but I am going to be doing some more finalising. I'm asking for a beta now because I'd like to have someone read the first few chapters and give me an opinion if anything needs to be reduced or cut. I need a different perspective, as I'm kind of afraid the first chapters are too slow moving.

I don't yet have a name chosen for my story and I'm not entirely sure what genre it is. (Yes, I'm apparently pretty clueless!) I'm guessing it's mainstream, though. It's set in the 1980s, and in flashbacks, the '70s. It is heavily character and dialogue based and, I'm guessing, pretty slow. There is a lot of objectionable content... adult language, sexual themes, drug use and so on.

I certainly need an open-minded reader who won't be offended by adult content, GLBT themes, or (if you know anime) be put off by 'bishonen' or 'reverse harems'. The story deals with a lot of gender-bending/role reversal and cross-dressing. Also, it's in UK English, so the spelling (and other things) may look odd to Americans.

If you'd like more information or a synopsis, please PM me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.