Things I Love Most About April...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Clients who sashsay into our office on April 15th at 9:00 AM expecting to get their 1040 prepared by Noon!!!! :rant:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch. I'd be pissed off about that, too.

Chicago Expat

Distracted
Registered
Reaction score
Clients who sashsay into our office on April 15th at 9:00 AM expecting to get their 1040 prepared by Noon!!!! :rant:

Yes, I've experienced that personally, also. Even better when they preface it by saying that their return is a simple one, then proceed to hand you multiple W2s, a 1099, incomplete documents related to custody of dependent children, stacks of receipts supposedly related to education and/or medical and/or home improvement costs, oh, and yeah, here's some additional receipts for a side-business they ran for part of the year. Nothing is summarized or totaled. The 1099 looks like it was run through the washer. They didn't bring their children's social security cards with them.

And then they complain about the cost of tax prep.

Y'know, for the life of me, I can't remember what the hell I came on here to post about.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
a thing I hate about April is that is a boring month. Hasn't anyone ever considered that January, Feb, March, and April are the fastest months of the whole year? AND... April showers... even though I love a good thunderstorm.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Mud Season. There are no paved roads, so walking around can be SO gooky. The mud gets everywhere, all over the house, no matter how careful you are.

The snow's ugly and covered with dirt. Ick.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The fact that it is still snowing where I live.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Snow. Come on, really?

Dead grass exposed when the snow melts, all brown thatch.

That I can't wash my heavy coat because I need it every morning, if not every afternoon.

That live bugs come in on the last of the season's firewood. Hello-o-o? Bugs, you're warm-weather pests, and nobody likes early arrivals.

That spring is so damned close, but not yet here, so the afternoons are often a series of teases.

Don Allen

Seeking a Sanctuary of Intelligence
Registered
Reaction score
I could mostly do with out April, pass on it and move directly to May, a good month.....

Leah J. Utas

Protecting Teddy with all my might.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of the sloppiest months of the year. I like it.
Guess I don't belong in the thread.
Sigh.

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Allergies. Wet. Muddy dog. Muddy kids. Muddy carpet. Mud. schizophrenic weather.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Taxes. The weather can't decide if it's hot, cold, windy, warm, breezy or whatever.

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
My hayfever starts in April. Not the really bad hayfever, just the mild one that makes me stuffed up and means I wake up with really stick eyes.

The really bad hayfever waits till june.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Road kill. All the little critters who survived hibernation stretch their little paws and venture out and SPLAT! and a car gets'em. Still, easy food for other furry and feathered creatures.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Rain. Rain. Rain. Did I mention rain? My backyard becomes a swamp (well, once upon a time it really was a swamp. That's what happens when developers build on wetlands. Oops.) And, the road at the foot of my driveway is higher than the foot of my driveway - so all that rain makes a nice lake. And I sink into my front lawn because of the whole swamp-thing.

Ugh. May can't get here soon enough. :D

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Rain. Rain. Rain. Did I mention rain? My backyard becomes a swamp (well, once upon a time it really was a swamp. That's what happens when developers build on wetlands. Oops.) And, the road at the foot of my driveway is higher than the foot of my driveway - so all that rain makes a nice lake. And I sink into my front lawn because of the whole swamp-thing.

Ugh. May can't get here soon enough. :D

Sounds like my yard. Doesn't take much to flood it, since the property is lower than all the other properties, so all their rain comes into my yard. And it sits lower than the road too. And all of the moisture makes for a nice mosquito breeding ground.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sh**! I still have to do my taxes! I knew I forgot to do something this weekend.

I'll be there at 9am sharp tomorrow Lavern. Can you get them done by noon?

You're a peach. Thanks !

*sashays away *

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, who changed the thread title?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I like that it's "Love" instead of "Hate" - it's a nice touch of sarcasm. ;)

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about April. It's still kind of warm, but kind of cold, which is the worst. All of one would be much better. If it's warm one day, then cold the next, then warm the next, it just messes me up. It makes me unable to deal with either the warm or the cool. And it gives me headaches. And the changes in the tempertature makes me hiccup when I smoke, which is such a pain in the butt.

But then on the plus side, mum's birthday is on the 23rd, so near the end of the month I get to go out for a nice meal. And my birthday is in early May, so as soon as mum's birthday is over, I start counting down to mine.

Just wish the weather wasn't so stupid right now.

Charlee

Sometimes I have no Y
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always poor in April, I have no idea why just seems that the money is gone...

Not that I have much the rest of the year but April always seems worse...