Links to Social Networks Preferable?

• No Links at All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brucimus

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to get a little advice. I don’t know if this has been posted already but… As a writer/illustrator, I sometimes wonder if I should be able to allow people to link my site to places like Facebook or Myspace. With copyright a non-issue, would it be wise to link my works on social networking sites? …Or maybe ask them to register to my site before they can view my works?

So I guess:
1) Linkable to Social Networks
2) Registration First
3) No Links at All

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Always add a watermark signature to you artwork in such a way that it would be hard to paint over. Or, make it so any artwork you put up can not be downloaded...

As to linking with other sites, or they with yours, always know your subjects...

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd say registration first? Maybe try that for awhile and see how it goes.

There are so many artists I know that are having trouble with copy write issues online all the time. Not sure about writing though.

Brucimus

Registered
Reaction score
How much information is not enough information? Give us a wee bit more of the picture, and we'll tell you what kind of frame it wants.

Helluva first post. :ROFL:

Haha, yeah. but this has been on my mind for a while now. So pretty much, I have some works copyrighted but, I'm still concerned about ppl stealing works. I was thinking I can redirect ppl to some non-working site if ppl link the page to facebook. (Shrug) I dunno. Am I paranoid?

-Bruce