Steampunk ain't the future, Dieselpunk is!

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Y'all have been conned, bamboozled, I tell you! Ya see some 5-cent word by some Ivy League chaps and then you start with all this turn-of-the-century bedlam.

Well, wake up and smell the manure, sunshine! Ever tried one of those corsets, kiddos? You can barely last an hour with those maiden aunt torture devices! And the kings and emperors? They all ran to the hills as soon as the kaiser left. As quick as you can say sauerkraut, mac!

See? I am a real visionaire, Dieselpunk, that is the future! Flappers and pinstripe-suited men drinking all the whiskey you can imagine while striking back the mobsters, krauts and the ruskies with a tommy gun in one hand, a raygun in the other, our two-way comunicator wristwatch and returning home back in time to listen Captain Midnight on the Blue Network. Now that's the cat's paw! Catch my drift?

Believe me, when I am right, I am right, do I look like a crook to you? Has your old pal Frank Fontaine ever lied to you?

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
dieselpunkmotivatorbyha.jpg

MeanMachine

Newbie; Hangin' around.
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if either Dieselpunk or Steampunk can be deffined as 'The Future', but for my WIP's sake, I just hope that Dieselpunk will, well, not die. Sure would be nice if it grew a little more, too.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Are we going to have Microprocesserpunk someday too?

jjdebenedictis

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and it'll have its subgenres - 4bitpunk, 8bitpunk and 16bitpunk, which will finally lead back into cyberpunk.
Whoa, I just got dizzy!

Would the second coming of cyberpunk be cyberpunkpunk, then? (Not to be confused with punkpunk, of course.)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, I just got dizzy!

Would the second coming of cyberpunk be cyberpunkpunk, then? (Not to be confused with punkpunk, of course.)
It might be cybercyberpunk (known by insiders as c2punk), but regardless, it could all be closer than you think.

The Singularitypunk Is NEAR!

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Singularity will be the future's broken promise, along flying cars and virtual reality.

jjdebenedictis

Registered
Reaction score
I'm now envisioning iPunk, which would be based on the technology of the past ten years.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
What about VHS Punk? Technology never progressed past VHS - just think of all the fun you could have! A Special Feature would be a tape that didn't get chewed up by the head. :D

jjdebenedictis

Registered
Reaction score
What about VHS Punk? Technology never progressed past VHS - just think of all the fun you could have! A Special Feature would be a tape that didn't get chewed up by the head. :D
Would Betamax be the hero or the villain? Tragic, either way.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Petrolpunk has a nice ring to it.