PDA

View Full Version : Help for Writing an Anthology

Bill
10-22-2005, 01:36 AM
I've got to do a 12-poem anthology for my practical criticism class, with 4 due for November 15th and another 8 due for the end of term (December 12th, iirc). Problem is, apart from a limited amount of basic work I have basically no experience in doing this. Any ideas what I should mention apart from themes, imagery & sound-effects? Is there any particular way I should go about this? Does anybody know where I can view something similar online to give me a basic tmeplate to go by?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alphabet
10-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Bill, it seems to me that you need to go back to whoever is running the class and let them know how confused and uncertain of the requirements you are.. perhaps the whole class is equally unprepared for the assignment?

I doubt anyone here will be able to tell you what you need to produce better than the teacher {his/her}self.

If you were able to find this site, then I am sure with the right starting information from your teacher you will be able to discover these things too.

Otherwise, if you absolutely can't bear to go ask the teacher, then I suggest a trip to a large bookstore - poetry anthology section!

Well done for being confused about it now, rather than two days left on the project.. that gives you great scope for a good result in the end.

Who knows but at the end of the project you might be able to come back here and tell us all what you found out too ;-)

aspier
10-22-2005, 03:52 PM
I've got to do a 12-poem anthology for my practical criticism class, with 4 due for November 15th and another 8 due for the end of term (December 12th, iirc). Problem is, apart from a limited amount of basic work I have basically no experience in doing this. Any ideas what I should mention apart from themes, imagery & sound-effects? Is there any particular way I should go about this? Does anybody know where I can view something similar online to give me a basic tmeplate to go by?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Copy and paste from here = http://users.skynet.be/spier/oeuvre.htm In 'genre' and 'ouevre' and 'press' you find this kind of blah blah you need. Give you an idea of how, what. Read also blurbs of the 'Boat poets' = http://users.skynet.be/spier/argoboatpoets.htm - Use different Names ... or even use as is but then give credit to the poets + maybe mention URL.

Paint
10-23-2005, 06:51 PM
You could cruise blogspots and see what other poets are doing. Just run up and down the threads here and visit. I'm sure you could pick up some neat ideas. Or on some blogs in the upper corner of the page it says "next blog." Thats like a remote control for TV, you can look endlessly. There are so many writers and poets out there.Good luck! I would check with the instructor first though.
Paint