Oh Lord. The phantomania has started.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I was wondering what they would com eup with this year. I've been watching carefully and just noticed the first signs of corruption. Hold tight folks.
It;s that time of year again....

Deleted member 42

I was wondering what they would com eup with this year. I've been watching carefully and just noticed the first signs of corruption. Hold tight folks.
It;s that time of year again....

Forsooth fair lady, an it please ye, all shall pass and return to the aether which hath conceived it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kateness

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kateness.wordpress.com
Forsooth fair lady, an it please ye, all shall pass and return to the aether from which hath conceived it.

I am suddenly really relieved that [after I get to bed and wake up in the morning] I can't hit this site at work, because this would drive me insane. May still in the evening when I get home.

*braces self*

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so going to start reading steampunk.

Deleted member 42

I'm so going to start reading steampunk.

Gentleperson, I urge you to begin with Mr. Wells most excellent fable The Time Machine, and to peruse Mr. Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues, before moving on to that extraordinary work about Mr. Babbage's miraculous invention as re-envisioned by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling, The Difference Engine.

'Tisn't medieval, but nontheless, 'tis a good yarn, and one worth the coin.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I actually didn't get the steampunk'd thing. I thought it was somebody's book title. Then I clicked on it...

Me too! And then I noticed that everytime I grin, I'm wearing a top hat...:D

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gentleperson, I urge you to begin with Mr. Wells most excellent fable The Time Machine, and to peruse Mr. Jules Verne's Twenty Thousand Leagues, before moving on to that extraordinary work about Mr. Babbage's miraculous invention as re-envisioned by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling, The Difference Engine.

'Tisn't medieval, but nontheless, 'tis a good yarn, and one worth the coin.

You just mentioned two of my son's fave books. So..... I'm going to try an emoticon here and see if I'm already steampunkt ;)

Im not :( I'm just winking. I wanna be steampunked like everyone else. I WANNA BE STEAMPUNKT!!! I WANT THE TOPHAT! GIMME A TOPHAT!!

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

So..... I'm going to try an emoticon here and see if I'm already steampunkt ;)

Im not :( I'm just winking. I wanna be steampunked like everyone else. I WANNA BE STEAMPUNKT!!! I WANT THE TOPHAT! GIMME A TOPHAT!!

I find such emotional outbursts unsettling, and lacking in civilized deportment. I suggest that perusing the list might avail you of some comfort

:tongue

:)

:D

:gone:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I find such emotional outbursts unsettling, and lacking in civilized deportment. I suggest that perusing the list might avail you of some comfort

:)

:D

It really doesn't take much to make me happy... :)

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

That one's my favourite. Peace. Out.

AVS

Registered
Reaction score
You're wrong, you're all wrong I tell you!! Dr. Badun Morgo is building a Heart of Death in Trans-Moravia; unless we stop it... it spells DOOM!

Already his subversion is subverting. You think this is an April Fool's joke. NO! Reality is shifting, this is our new reality.

Don the Goggles of Perception from Professor Zimbolt, and then you will see the truth! My God! There! They're coming through the wall... Dr. Morgo's Treemen.

NOOOOOO....

*Stirring Music*

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
I must acknowledge the corn when I confess that a great deal of my epistolary accuracy in my current steampunk WIP is due to the discovery of a dictionary of 19th century slang. I allow that this compilation has added much needed color to my narrative, and I've used it all to pieces. On the off chance this said dictionary might prove to be of some service to you, allow me to post the direction to one such easy-to-read-and-use site -- http://www.rugglesrag.com/lookout/OLD-LOOKOUT-DO-NOT-USE/a_19th_century_slang_dictionary.htm

enjoy!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Please tell me it's staying like this. I love the fonts and sizes. It's like AW for old people!

rlayna

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Woooooooooo! Great theme!!! Can we keep it? Can we? Can we? We promise to walk it daily and feed it! We won't even feed it people food! People drink on the other hand....

*Has a sudden urge for kool aid*