Querying multiple agents at one agency (not at the same time)...

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I searched to see if this question has been asked before but didn't see it. Apologies if it's a repeat.

I know some agencies say that a no from one agent is a no from all, but what about agencies that don't say that? Early on I queried an agent from an agency and received a rejection. Now, months later, I came across another agent at the same agency who is looking for the type of book I have. Maybe I missed it before of maybe he updated his listed desires.

Is it appropriate for me to query him or is this just not done?

Matt

BookWormy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm very much a query noob, but I'd say that, if it's not clearly stated, then go for it. Agencies tend to be very specific about things like that, so if they haven't stated it, then I don't see why you're not free to do so. I would do it!

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
One rule of thumb I use is (in the absence of specific guidelines), if the queries go to the agent's personal email address, I'll query all the agents in the agency who fit (one at a time, obviously). If the query goes to a general query address (queries@ or submissions@ or whatever), I assume one person reads the queries and sorts them out to the appropriate agents.

Last edited:

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for those replies. Time to send off another it looks like.