Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe you found that before Jenna had a chance to tell us! :ROFL:

Then again, maybe I'm NOT surprised. Hang in until Jenna makes things official, this could be LULU in the process of setting things up and it's not actually ready yet.

But I think we're going to hear a starting gun in the very near future....

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
Whoo-Hoo!!!! (does Snoopy dance of joy!)

I think it is Dave Perdew who says it is good policy to give away on internet sales. Lets see if I can remember more of his theory. That if you give something away you will draw more sales. He did it with his book "Bad Dad."
Oh help! I have no memory...

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
It is confusing, isn't it? The pricing looks off from screen to screen. So perhaps it isn't time for the media to see it yet.

Still, it allowed me to order 3 copies (for now) with a 4-8 business day express delivery and it allowed me to download and it sure looks pretty. It also says it could take a while to delivery b/c of

kim

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I sent Jenna a message telling her what Kim found. Hang tough, I'm sure she'll be by shortly to give us the scoop.

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
Hokay--I found the quotes I wanted.

"Include commentary from big name authors, pundits and industry proffessionals. Include the entire text, of not just the manifesto but the entire book. Make it easy to sent the book to a friend. Include an audio version of the book. Include my power point slides. All for free." Seth Godin "Unleashing the Idea Virus."

"By salting the field he creates a percieved need. As the perception spreads, it becaomes an ideavirus." Dave Perdew "60 Days to 100k."

That's why Dave gave away his book "Bad Dad" before he sold it. Like we would do to give free copies to book stores...

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm positive now that it's not ready for prime time. If you click the link that says 'various authors', you get a page where the pricing says $19.95 print, $5 download. So don't start spreading the news quite yet.

But it sure is fargin' cool seeing it there, ain't it?

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Paint said:
"By salting the field he creates a percieved need. As the perception spreads, it becaomes an ideavirus." Dave Perdew "60 Days to 100k."

First, I must agree with Chunky that it is nice to see it there. I may not get three copies in the next week but perhaps my order for three will be the first ones printed.

In regards to salting the field, I heard that some famous author did that with one of her books...she took a bunch and spread them out in various locations across the city....a table in a doctor's office, a shelf in an aisle at the grocery store, etc...through word of mouth, people started looking for the book and completely blew the publisher away b/c they hadn't promoted it, thinking it wouldn't be very popular.

kim

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Oh boy..... Is this the time for a smiley fest or what.....
:Hail: :ROFL: :hooray: :Jump: :partyguy: :Trophy: :LilLove: :Thumbs: :TheWave: :snoopy: :Hug2: :D :roll: :heart:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Please JUST WAIT for Jenna. I know we're all excited and enthusiastic, but please wait for the official release notice. Lulu is in the process of formatting and finalizing the page/storefront/pricing, etc. The expected release date is November 1 -- to work out all the kinks. It'd be great if that date is pushed forward, but let's hear it from Jenna first, OK? I really don't feel good about us ordering it now... it may not be ready for prime time yet....

Also, I understand about giving something for free for promotion, advertising, etc. But at the same time, this is not for profit, but for charity, so I am weary about giving out the eBook version for free. Again, without Jenna's blessing, I don't know anyone is in the position to say anything.

Sorry for being a wet blanket...

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
biotales said:
Oh boy..... Is this the time for a smiley fest or what.....
:Hail: :ROFL: :hooray: :Jump: :partyguy: :Trophy: :LilLove: :Thumbs: :TheWave: :snoopy: :Hug2: :D :roll: :heart:

Not enough smileys... didn't you get enough coffee today?

:hooray: :hooray: :Jump: :TheWave: :TheWave: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Cheer: :Cheers: :PartySmil :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :thankyou: :thankyou: :Sun: :thankyou: :thankyou: :snoopy: :snoopy: :PartySmil :PartySmil :TheWave: :Trophy: :partyguy: :partyguy: :partyguy:

:TheWave: :TheWave: :TheWave:

I'm just happy to see it there, is all... I'm not going overboard and ordering it yet. Seeing it there makes it seem just that much more real... if that makes sense.

Last edited:

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
moondancer....
copycat............ heheheheeh
:)

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
not copying just adding a few of my own to yours... I quoted you, tehehehehe

I'm going to count my piggy bank to see how many books I can afford...

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
That's going to be the page for review copies, I suspect. Whoever is in charge of that just needs to make it so it doesn't pop up on searches. The very nice back cover states the cover price is going to be $13.95 or 15.95 (I can't tell).

I would avoid ordering it if I were you because the book file attached to it may not be the correct one.

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
I think in regard to Lulu, the book should be removed until everything is final and makes sense. Being web accessible makes it just that.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Page in process. Definitely not finished. They had to set up a page so I could work with it, but I have no idea why the pricing is jumping around or what's with the e-book. Please don't order yet. (If you already have, I'm sure they'll sort it out.)

It is neat to see it there, though. :)

They're sending me the book to proof right now. It's all formatted.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We're moving up!

Lulu Sales Rank: 3872

Status
Not open for further replies.