Pharmacology anyone?

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Ive done quite a bit of hunting and cant quite find what Im looking for.

I need a drug that would affect the limbic sytem...numbing or nulling but I need it to be addictive so my char can have withdrawls.
Ive considered making up a cocktail with an opiate to achieve the withdrawl...but what to mix it with??
any thoughts or suggestions
thanks

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What specifically do you want by "affect the limbic system ... numbing or nulling?"

Do you mean dissociation, where someone may still know what is going on but not care? Or do you mean anesthetic numbing, where physical pain isn't being felt?

Ketamine may suit the description. It is a dissociative anesthetic which tends to make the person feel like what is happening is actually happening to someone else. Sometimes this is described as "it was like I was still there, but in the corner of the room."

It's a drug of abuse, and people can develop dependence. There are medical complications and risks to using it. Needless to say, nobody should be using this in real life unless under the care of a medical professional who has explictly assumed responsibility. But as for fiction, it can be a useful choice.

--
Edited to add: CESAR (Center for Substance Abuse Research) has a decent article on Ketamine. Withdrawal is described in the literature, but it can be used to moderate withdrawal from opiods. Ketamine is often associated with hallucinations, either during or after use.

Last edited:

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
What specifically do you want by "affect the limbic system ... numbing or nulling?"

Do you mean dissociation, where someone may still know what is going on but not care? Or do you mean anesthetic numbing, where physical pain isn't being felt?

Ketamine may suit the description. It is a dissociative anesthetic which tends to make the person feel like what is happening is actually happening to someone else. Sometimes this is described as "it was like I was still there, but in the corner of the room..

Thank you...that could work. Mainly I want it to inhibit the amygdala..specifically emotions. The char has been given it over time so they are unaware...but she can sense and manipulate emotions so i could play off the hallucinations.
I want the drug to have been used to control her.

thanks so much for your help

mcamp

Hooga Man
Registered
Reaction score
stadol

stadol is very addictive and there are more than one way to deliver it to a victim. it is very effective. here is a blurb from the FDA it directly effects the limbic system (especially in the limbic system (frontal cortex, temporal cortex, amygdala, and hippocampus), thalamus, striatum, hypothalamus, and midbrain as well as laminae I, II, IV, and V of the dorsal horn in the spinal cord. Kappa receptors are localized primarily in the spinal cord and in the cerebral cortex.)) I have used stadol before and it is quick acting, takes affect in a almost immediately and is widely abused. I went through withdrawal also when I changed to a different med and the withdrawal is extreme to say the least. I would go with Stadol when you use enough of it you don't care about anything or anyone (true story) you are truly disassociated from the rest of the world and your self.