To nudge or not to nudge...

Chiquita Banana

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
libby-mercer.blogspot.com
Hi folks. I got an email from an agency on Monday the 14th, requesting chapters 4-10. They already had 1-3 as part of my submission. It was an email I was thrilled to get. She said "I really wanted to read on" hehe :) and she said she hoped to read them over the course of the week and let me know by Monday at the latest (that would be Monday the 21st). Another Monday has passed as well as a couple of days. What do you all think? Should I nudge or just let it lie for a while?

Thanks!

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I would definitely wait. A week late is nothing. The agent could have had a crisis come up, she could have been busy with her other clients, she could have the flu etc. I know how eager you must be, but I'd wait at least another two weeks to respect her time and other obligations.

Waiting is hard. I hate it, but you can't go wrong by waiting a bit longer. You can by not waiting.

Niti Newtfinger

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Pink Amy. Since you were told your manuscript would be read, I think it's fair to wait an extra week and then send a polite nudge. As long as you're not rude about it, I don't think they'll mind.
Good luck!

Chiquita Banana

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
libby-mercer.blogspot.com
Thanks peeps! I definitely don't want to rock the boat. Since she was so specific about the time, I did wonder though... Anyway, many thanks for the responses. :)