An Oops! And a yeah!

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's been an interesting few days.
Some time back when I was putting together the idea for my novel, Waltzing in the Shadows, I came across a picture of an angel with a halo of seven stars - a symbol for an ancient, secretive cult.

While doing a revision of it before uploading it to Kindle, Nook and lulu.com, I searched for this picture. I found something close and, making certain my anti-virus software showed it as safe, clicked on the link. "This site has been hacked!" Computer crashed!

"Where's my backup?" Found it! Dated back in January.:cry:

Took it into a shop and they managed to save my data files. All my manuscripts intact. :hooray:

Lost some stuff, but not everything. :hat:

Next, someone asked if I had a contract for the sequel of the novel VirtualTales.com is going to publish sometime this year.

Uh - do I? Don't think so.

Would you believe, my editor actually returned my email and brought me up to date. Someone's been assigned to do the cover and it should go through an editorial review soon! :Sun:And, he even wanted to see a cleaned-up mss for the sequel.

But, that wasn't all - he wants to see the mss for the first novel of the Father Serra's Legacy trilogy! :snoopy::snoopy:

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Good going, lv! I am very, very happy for you. You have worked hard, learned a lot, put up with all of us - and come out of it smiling. Way to go! Puma

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
lvcabbie, wow, nice story! Some of us are more blessed than others. So happyand relieved for you :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You have been through the wringer these last few days, but what a result.:hooray:

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, computer crashes just flat take one's breath away--big time. Glad it all came back to life. Glad to hear that the VT novel is moving down the line.