PDA

View Full Version : Home Made Toiletries and a Poll

BunnyMaz
03-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Currently escaping from the kitchen to let the fumes die down from a batch of homemade goatsmilk soap curing by the window and thought I'd come here and ask for some advice.

Today (once the fumes have dissipated) I plan to make some homemade deodorant blocks - dead easy to make, and I can make a variety. But! Which scents should I use? You can pick more than one option - I'll make some batches using the top 3 results.

CACTUSWENDY
03-29-2011, 08:20 PM
I said other....vanilla is nice. Has a clean, light smell to it. I am not into heavy smells....allergies. Sigh....;)

veinglory
03-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Sandalwood. Do that and I promise to buy it.

BunnyMaz
03-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Sandalwood. Do that and I promise to buy it.

I knew there was a fragrance I forgot to stock up on! I'll get some sandalwood on order and make some up in the next batch :D

Thanks everyone for voting so far! First batch just finished in the woodland spice, since that got the most votes. Light is too poor now to take photos so that one will most likely go up tommorrow

brainstorm77
03-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Pineapple and coconut. I like my armpits to smell like tropical drinks.:D

backslashbaby
03-30-2011, 04:01 AM
I always like cucumber or the citrus scents. I'm allergic to a bunch of the florals, lol. I do love me some herbs, but I don't know how generally my tastes on that translate.

I also like amber, for a new suggestion. I like a lot of the Orthodox incense scents, although I think church scents under my arms might be considered odd :D :D I do use them for the home, definitely.

jennontheisland
03-30-2011, 04:05 AM
Vanilla has never seemed like a light scent to me. It's too sweet and cloying to be light.

I'm all for unscented since you don't have lavender or rosemary (I'm a herby one too) on the list. Might do cucumber though...

rlayna
03-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Hmm.. I chose unscented or baby powder. When I use to buy hand lotion, I'd buy something with a pretty stink to it. But I don't use lotion often, and it would become a not pretty stink if I didn't use it up. So I've stuck with unscented.

But soap...that depends on my mood. I prefer unscented as well, but if I am running late and am still asleep in the shower (yea it's happened...) I'll take hubby's Irish Spring or something with a strong smell.

BunnyMaz
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Oh thank you all for your feedback. I do have rosemary and lavender scents in my stock but it never occurred to me to list them for deodorant - as to the other suggestions, all great feedback, so thank you!