Another Sign of the Apocalypse

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
This demonstrates everything that's wrong with our faltering, so-called "civilisation". Look around you. Culture's doing just fine without your help.

Let's simply give up. You know, as a species. Put an end to this weird "progress" experiment we've all been taking part in and actively revert to the level of farmyard animals. They look happy, don't they, with their tails and their mud? Let's join them.

Ben, misquoting Charlie Brooker for the tenth time today.

Niti Newtfinger

Registered
Reaction score
That's the weirdest casting decision ever. I wonder if even diehard Agatha Christie fans would go see a movie like that.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if even diehard Agatha Christie fans would go see a movie like that.

Decades ago, a studio made "The Lone Ranger" into a movie and the studio forced Clayton Moore not to wear his mask in public (he would visit sick kids in hospital as the Lone Ranger). The outcry was huge! The movie flopped. To be fair, I don't know why the movie flopped--either it was just a flop, because many people boycotted the movie because of what they did to Clayton Moore, or a combination.

My opinion: there's some things ya just don't mess with.

agent.grey

Registered
Reaction score
While the casting meeting at Disney are still high, I want to propose Dame Judi Dench as the next Hannah Montana.

Sure the franchise has millions of fans, and their expectations are going to be totally ignored, but the talking cactus in the corner thinks it's a great idea!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
They should cast Betty White as Miss Marple.

*She's the only older actress I know about. Is that sad or what?

Or Doris Roberts.

Or Maggie Smith.

Or Judi Dench.

Or Diane Wiest.

Or *Patricia Routledge* <--- would love, love, love this one. Hyacinth Bucket is perfect!

AVS

Registered
Reaction score
Vin Diesel as Miss Marple. "You're not afraid of the lemon drizzle cake are you?"
Jack Nicholson as Nancy Drew. "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH."

...Old people shouldn't be allowed on TV or in the movie theatres; certainly not as the lead, and if the story calls for them to be old, why then we'll just reset it when the character was young... and hot.

No doubt Jennifer Garner as Miss Marple will discover that the murder was the cover for a very noisy alien invasion of Los Angeles.