PDA

View Full Version : What genre am I??

lindsayann
10-21-2005, 03:09 AM
Hi, I have a silly question. I wrote a novel and my target is early 20's-mid 30's, women. It's a funny, young girl in the city trying to find herself kind of thing. I know, know, you've never heard that one before. I'll won't say that to anyone I'm trying to sell it to, but for the purposes of this, that's what it is. I thought it was Young Adult, but it seems when people use that term they mean teens and it's not for teens for sure. Any help?

Susan Gable
10-21-2005, 03:52 AM
Hi, I have a silly question. I wrote a novel and my target is early 20's-mid 30's, women. It's a funny, young girl in the city trying to find herself kind of thing. I know, know, you've never heard that one before. I'll won't say that to anyone I'm trying to sell it to, but for the purposes of this, that's what it is. I thought it was Young Adult, but it seems when people use that term they mean teens and it's not for teens for sure. Any help?

Sounds like it could possibly be Chick Lit, depending on how young your protagonist is, and the voice you use to write it.

Susan G.

Sakamonda
10-21-2005, 06:06 AM
This is pretty standard Chick Lit.

scfirenice
10-21-2005, 06:08 AM
Agree

veinglory
10-22-2005, 01:21 AM
me too

YA is for children