New to the site

Cing

Registered
Reaction score
Holy Cow this is confusing. Just trying to navigate my way around here. I'm just a mom that wrote a book for preteens. No Professional... So far the site seems to have great info.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

adarkfox

designs books | writes books
Registered
Reaction score
Just keep exploring and you'll stumble into some wonderful spots!

Welcome to AW!

DCMorin

New *Kid* on the Block
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lefttowritebooks.blogspot.com
Welcome!! If you've never been on a board like this, it can seem pretty confusing at first. This one is much more extensive than the others I've been on in the past, but like others have said, you will get the hang of it pretty easily. Welcome from another newb! (that's newbie):welcome:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Holy Cow this is confusing. Just trying to navigate my way around here. I'm just a mom that wrote a book for preteens. No Professional... So, far the site seems to have great info.

Welcome! Take your time, you'll find your way around soon enough. And ain't no such thing as "just a mom" -- hardest, best job in the world. (-:

-Suzanne

Cing

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks... Kids are both in college now, so my hard work is about over. Two wonderful kids. My daughter is a communications major. She wants to write a book one day, so I decided to give it a try and she has helped me with it. My hopes are to get it published or self published, so she can have a feather in her hat and in mine too. See ya around!

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Absolute Write, Cing.

There is a section here for checking out literary agents/agencies and publishers titled "Bewares, Recommendations and Background Check." It's a great place to look up the scoop on anyone before signing.

Once you get the lay of the land, you might find the "New Posts" link in the middle of the navigation bar (top of thread) useful for keeping up on what is going on across the site. This lets you see ongoing conversations and can be a good way to find interesting active threads without getting overwhelmed.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.