Agent for Non-Fiction

rickdemille

Registered
Reaction score
I just received a manuscript from a family friend, and discovered he doesn't have an agent. The title is "Climbing the Political Ladder, One Rung at a Time." It's a political non-fiction, semi-autobiographical, dealing with how to get started and succeed in politics.

He was former Chairman of the Republican National Committee during Reagan's first term. Some chapters in the book could have a direct impact on the 2008 Presidential race, depending on whether some intersted people actually run.

I have just contacted an acquaintance who recently started an agency in Dallas but haven't heard back. I'm not sure if a non-New York agent is the way to go, and now that he has to book finished I'm afraid he will be in a hurry to sign instead of exploring the market.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Rick

JohnP

Please pass the jelly
Registered
Reaction score
Look

It is a good idea to look at other agents, as well as, your contact. A good way to find the right agent is to look at other like books and who those agents were.

This is not gospel for I am working on the same issue.

Good Luck!

JohnP

rickdemille

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks!

JohnP said:
It is a good idea to look at other agents, as well as, your contact. A good way to find the right agent is to look at other like books and who those agents were.

This is not gospel for I am working on the same issue.

Good Luck!

JohnP
Good luck to you also!