Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
perfect_ruin
MFTrial.jpg

The white banner at the top, I'll be doing something more with this, some sort of light texture or maybe just making it slightly less white - something just to take the edge off it a little.

I'm looking for opinions on whether it should be flush against the top, or just slightly below (keep in mind, it'll wrap around the back at whatever level it ends up being at).

MFback.jpg

This is what I started with for the back cover - I like having the art in the middle, as it allows me to zoom in on a certain section of detail (for these two, it ended up being the girls and their favourite toys :D).

The little white rectangle is the spot for the barcode.

GEcover.jpg

Not much difference to the first cover here (other than the position of the top white bar, and that it should read "Book Four" not book one, that's a copypasta mistake).

Trial2JPG.jpg

Here's where I let myself get a little busier with the back cover. The white banners - was thinking of using one for a in-book quote, and one for a review quote, though I can switch the positions, or have two of one and none of the other - again, whatever looks good.

(Obviously, that cookie logo was made in less than ten seconds and isn't the final :p).

The summary box up the to will be a short overview of the 'verse the series takes place in, or maybe a series-so-far snapshot, haven't decided yet.

Thoughts, comments, crits?

[Borders are just for reference, these will be full-bleed].

Last edited:

valeriec80

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Looks good!

Will you be selling these primarily online? I'm thinking you might want to make your titles a bit bigger, if so, because they might get lost in the thumbnails.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Um, I know the name is intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but what kind of "name" would you like to present to professionals? The name "Laysursharq" is, of course, immediately translated by the mind to "lasershark" and connected with the Austin Powers movies and Dr. Evil.

Do you really want to have your pseudonym connected in such a fashion?

I'd consider a different, non-connecting pseudonym if I were you and one that I could be proud of in later years.

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
Um, I know the name is intended to be tongue-in-cheek, but what kind of "name" would you like to present to professionals? The name "Laysursharq" is, of course, immediately translated by the mind to "lasershark" and connected with the Austin Powers movies and Dr. Evil.

Do you really want to have your pseudonym connected in such a fashion?

I'd consider a different, non-connecting pseudonym if I were you and one that I could be proud of in later years.

It's just there because I haven't decided on a pen name yet (and because in one of the books there are both lasers and sharks) - I haven't actually seen Austin Powers, and was more thinking of the Epicius Maximus from the WoW beta. :)

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
Looks good!

Will you be selling these primarily online? I'm thinking you might want to make your titles a bit bigger, if so, because they might get lost in the thumbnails.

There'll be both print and ebook versions - I'll play around with making the titles bigger, but I don't want to cover too much of the artwork.

eward

Registered
Reaction score
Website
openpresencenow.com
Nice job! I like the first better than the second. Not sure why, I think the blue, but that's just personal preference. I'm not too fond of the font, maybe something thicker.

In the first one, it looks like the girl only has three fingers on her left hand. I know it's probably because you just can't fit them all, but she looks a little bit like an alien because of it lol

The back of the purple one looks a little busy to me. So many different sections. Can you make it a bit smoother somehow?

bowiefan1970

Registered
Reaction score
I like the front of the first one fine, but I think the back close-up of the plate of cookies kind of takes the focus away from what I'm sure is a serious book. Pretty good, though.

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
Nice job! I like the first better than the second. Not sure why, I think the blue, but that's just personal preference. I'm not too fond of the font, maybe something thicker.

I'll try a couple of different fonts - this one isn't working out as well as I had thought.

The back of the purple one looks a little busy to me. So many different sections. Can you make it a bit smoother somehow?
Yup, will try.

Thanks. :D

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
I like the front of the first one fine, but I think the back close-up of the plate of cookies kind of takes the focus away from what I'm sure is a serious book. Pretty good, though.

Well...the cookies are rather important. Very important in fact. :D They wouldn't have made it on to the cover art if they weren't.