Sydney Writers Festival

Amberly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caswebb.wordpress.com
Hi all

Just reaching out to see if anyone else is planning on going to this event, or if anyone's been before and has some inside info on the festival that they wish to share?

I've never been before and i don't even know sydney all that well so any tips would be great!

Cheers

Amberly

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So glad you brought that up! I'm going to go. We could look out for each other if you like. I'll be the one who looks like an incredibly cute puppy - I'll look for a blue butterfly.... ;)

Thanks for the timely reminder.

Hi all

Just reaching out to see if anyone else is planning on going to this event, or if anyone's been before and has some inside info on the festival that they wish to share?

I've never been before and i don't even know sydney all that well so any tips would be great!

Cheers

Amberly

Last edited:

x_Kathy_x

Me fail English? That’s unpossible.
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking of going. Not sure yet. Would be nice to meet some of you!

inkspatters

The coordinates keep changing...
Registered
Reaction score
I might be going. I'll probably make up my mind when they reveal the program :)

Amberly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caswebb.wordpress.com
i think the program comes out on the 1st of April, it's cutting it too close for me. I would have devoured the program months ago if i could have. He he.

A meet up would be great! Like coffee or dinner? I don't know sydney well but surely there's somewhere close to the festival that we could all find?

any ideas?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't made any plans to go, but maybe I can get there for some of it - would certainly be up for a get-together if people are keen. I live in the area, which makes it easy.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
*haz a jealous*

Maybe one of you wants to post in the G'day thread, with a link to this thread?

:)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*bump*

Program is in the SMH tomorrow (or online today, but you can only book headline items if you're a donor.)

Amberly

Registered
Reaction score
Website
caswebb.wordpress.com
Just looking over the program, i've never been before so i don't know any 'must see' items. Anyone been befor? any hints, suggestions?

I've narowed down my two fav looking workshops and they're on the 18th and 19th at the state library. Anyone else looking at things on these dates?

cheers

schadenfreude

good with salt
Registered
Reaction score
Hm, pretty sure that I'll be going out to see Cassie Clare on the 21st at Walsh Bay. Aside from that, I haven't really looked at the rest of the program in any depth.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
does anyone know roughly how much things cost?

Most events are free and unbooked, so you just turn up (early). Some cost $10 - 30 and need bookings and some are more expensive.

This is my first proper SWF, so I'm going to stick with the freebies, in case work gets in the way... There are so many I want to go to - I'm having trouble deciding :)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got my ticket to Ingrid Betancourt - yayyy!

Ingrid Betancourt, the world’s most famous captive, recounts how she survived six terror-filled years as a hostage in the Colombian jungle. A former senator and presidential candidate for the Green Oxygen Party, Betancourt was kidnapped in 2002 by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). She speaks to Anton Enus about what sustained her, the heroism of those who rescued her and the controversy that has plagued her since.

Supported by SBS.

That's a $45 one - prolly the only paid one I'll go to, because I hate ending up with paid tickets to things I can't go to (thank you, work...)

Now I have to go and find other things to see for free on that day, since I'll be down there anyway... :)