New Jersey residents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Perry

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sns.ewrestle.net
I am currently writing a story (who here isn't?) and it requires a secluded spot in New Jersey for the two people involved to have somewhat of a rendezvous. It needs to be quiet, deserted in fact. And possibly a tad creepy, if possible but that's not a big necessity.

Any help here would be great, thanks guys/gals!
-Sc00t

brainstrains

4-8-8-4
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Scott,

You do realize you're talking about NJ, the MOST populated state in US? So seclusion is hard to find :)

No, I'm kidding. Maybe somewhere in the Pinelands in Ocean and Atlantic counties? It's very creepy there, especially since that's where the Jersey Devil is supposed to hide out.

Fishmonkey

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ekaterinasedia.com
I vote for Pinelands too -- there are many secluded spots, and tons of ghost towns (it used to be much more populated when bog iron was produced there, as well as glass.) Pines, sand, wooden house skeletons, and only sand roads for miles and miles. PM if you need more info.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
The New Jersey Pine Barrens are your best bet. This is just one of many links
http://www.njpinebarrens.com/

If you google Pine Barrens New Jersey there are more. A lot of the land is undeveloped and protected by the state. The place has a lot of history and many legends associated with it. The first story on the above link should give you the idea. New Jersey may be heavily populated, but it's nickname is the Garden State (don't snicker, those of you who have only seen NJ from the Turnpike) and it actually has a lot of farmland/less developed land in its southern half interior to the coast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.