• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlayna

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you have done some beta reading, what type of format to you prefer? Email? Word document? Blog/Website?

Just curious.

lbender

Registered
Reaction score
When I do beta exchanges, we usually e-mail Word documents back and forth. I prefer using the comments and the text boxes in Word for critiques. Just my preference. Everybody's different.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've done very well with short stories and novels sent back and forth as attachments, saved in the earliest version of MS Word either of us has. (More and more often, it's mine, Word2003.) While I can convert later versions of Word, it's a PIA, whereas the author saving his/her work to a 'lower' version of Word is a matter of seconds.

My very favorite way to critique or beta remains on paper, but I've only done that for an AW person once. Line edits are certainly easier for me on paper.

Maryn, thinking whatever works for any two people is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.