I can't friggin breathe!

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting their ass kicked by allergies already? I heard it was gonna be a brutal season, but it's only March. Seriously? My eyes are puffy and teary, my nose feels like its filled with cockaburs, and between bouts of furiously flowing rivers of snot, my sinus passages are completely swollen shut. NOTHING IS HELPING ME!!!!!! Shew, I needed that. Thanks for being there, AWers. :LilLove:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Gahhhhhhh......my eyes are itchy and red and running, nose is running, sneezing and wheezing and coughing and every breath whistles like a tea kettle.

Last edited:

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gad, yes. Nose strips and benadryl for a week now just to sleep, and I just brought the whole box of screen-wipes in here to get the schmacklets off the screen every time I sneeze.

Bleagh.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Yes! My whole face itches,and both of my kids are on their 2nd ear infections in less than a month. We had a snow day the Monday before last, this past week-end it was in the 80's and then it was snowing again this morning. This weather is seriously screwing me up.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Raises hand....me too. Sigh. There is no way to replace all the fluid I lose through the snot mixture. I have a river draining down the back of my throat 24/7. Sigh. I sleep hunched over so I don't drown during the night. All this itching.....sigh.
:cry:

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, things are not at all bad for me. But I well remember how awful my respiratory allergies and my asthma were before I stopped eating wheat.

Maybe there's some underlying allergen that you haven't found yet, that makes you more sensitive.

Anyway, I spend years sleeping propped up, wheezing every time I went out in cold weather, with itching bleary eyes.

You all have my profound sympathy. :(

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This flu season has been brutal too. From what I've seen, it's been worse than last year. There just wasn't any pandemic flu news stories so people didn't seem to notice as much. My allergies don't start kicking my ass until the cottonwoods bloom. Then I spend a couple months shaking my fists at the sky and watch the little floaters drift by.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear this in a "misery loves company" kind of way. It's actually reassuring--I haven't been able to breathe properly in over two weeks.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I hoped moving would alleviate my allergies, but no. I'm still a sneezing, snorting, eye-running, ear-itching mess. So I must hug the Claritin tight and never let it go!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
* Walks in, grabs a donut and a cup of Joe *

Hi, my name is Misery and I need some company too. :cry:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Itchy eyes, swollen nasal passages, and unfortunately my lungs swell as well. I've been well acquainted with my breathing machine for the past few days.

OTC Allegra is out. I took this from a doctor and it worked well. I had to take it for a while but it did the trick. I think I'm going to have to go get some this season.

And I'm probably going to get a rinse for my nasal passages too.

Lovely Spring, I hate you.

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto!

(People always look at me like I'm looney when I say I hate Spring!)

Not true. People look at you like you're looney for completely different reasons. They look at you like you're bitter because you hate spring. ;)

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I feel for you all, in the same boat too. Not sure if it is a cold and allergies or just allergies, but my whole family is feeling it. Itchy watery eyes, scratchy throat, nasal congestion, headache. Feel like it might be turning into a sinus infection.

It is definitely bad this year.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not true. People look at you like you're looney for completely different reasons. They look at you like you're bitter because you hate spring. ;)

^ Says the woman who wears her underwear on her head. :Shrug:

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I was hanging in there for a while, but now I'm completely wrecked as always when the trees start to bloom. My sinus headaches spawn migraines. Migraines and aching back teeth. Gaaaaaa!

It'll take a big, big rain before I'm able to think again or see properly out of my left eye. I hate tree sex :(

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Over here, but I get a lot of relief from my chiropractor

leighh

Fish don't usually have thick skin.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.leighharmon.com
I'm lucky in that my allergies aren't as bad as they once were, but I've been stuffy and hoarse for weeks. We've had some rainy, chilly weather the past few days, which has the benefit of washing the pollen out of the sky. Unfortunately, it's making my arthritis flare up. Can't win for losing.

Also, I made the mistake of bothering to wash my car last week. Did I mention that the only parking on my street is under trees? Seven bucks down the drain. :Shrug: