• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Crit Partner Wanted - YA Contemp Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

samripley

Registered
Reaction score
Website
readsamread.wordpress.com
Hi guys! My name is Sam and I'm currently working on revising my finished novel, THE SHAPE THAT BREAKS, a 50k word YA contemporary romance. I want to get it into tip-top shape before I start querying, but besides that, I'd also like to make some writerly friends who also need some help from a pair of fresh eyes. I don't want any hand-holding; I can take harsh criticism, especially behind the mask of a computer screen! :) I'm willing to offer the same, but if you would like a little more hand-holding or a little less, just say so!

Here's a quick synopsis of TSTB (This is from my query and I'm aware that it sucks!):

Celeste has grown up surrounded by books, so she’s sure her first love will be her last. But when Alex breaks her heart and moves away, Celeste has to face the reality – heartbreak is not beautiful, like it is in books, and her happy ending isn’t coming anytime soon.

She finds distraction in her new friend, Aiden, who’s been broken worse than her and still manages to be more alive than anyone she’s ever met. At first, she befriends him selfishly, to keep her mind off of Alex, but as their friendship grows, she realizes her feelings for him aren’t just platonic. But what about the heartbreak that could go along with opening herself up again? She doesn’t know if she can bear to be broken again.

Can't wait to hear from everyone!

HistoryLvr

Add Salt to Taste
Registered
Reaction score
Are you still looking for a beta? I have a second draft YA historical fiction at about 44k words if you're interested. It has romantic elements, but that is second to the adventure of the book. It is still in the early stages, but it has been edited through a few times. So maybe it's a third draft? PM me if interested.

Becca_H

Where am I again?
Registered
Reaction score
I'd be happy to take a look at this for you. I'm a YA writer with a few contemporary romances (and one paranormal).

PM me if interested.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
If you're still lookin' for a writing beta buddy, let me know. I have a YA suspense 35K.

Status
Not open for further replies.