The Call or the Email?

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
For those who have agents: how did you get the news, in the form of a call or an email?

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto everyone else. Got an email saying "Hey, when is good for a call?"

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
First agent was by phone, of course, since even the desktop computer was a year in the future.

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
I was under the impression that it was always a phone call, so this is good to know. Come to think of it, my last agent contacted me by email, but said it was only because he didn't have my phone number.

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Mine actually was a phone call, or more accurately a voicemail, from the first offering agent. I contacted all the agents with material to let them know about the offer (via email, except for one who had corresponded via mail so I found her telephone number and phoned her), and the second offering agent offered via phone as well a few days later. But I have heard of some who have received news of the offer via email, then the official offer came via phone.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I received an email asking if I had time to talk, and a call later that day.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My first offer was in person at a conference. My second was a phone call, no advance warning. The third emailed first, asking if he could give me a call.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
I got the call first, which went to voicemail. He left me a brief "Let's talk." Of course, not being a morning person, I gravitated to my computer before the phone, and I had an email from him saying he'd missed me but he'd try calling again later.

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
First offer was via email, but we'd already spoken on the phone once before (after he read about half the manuscript), second came via a scheduled phone call, third sent an email setting up a time to talk, but after the date/time was set, he sent a separate email formally offering rep, fourth offer was via email.

OctoberRain

I triple dog dare you.
Registered
Reaction score
A call, out of the blue. I thought I was dreaming when I looked at my call display.