Markets for drabble

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Can anyone point me in the direction of some markets?

Drabblecast is one i've got on my list already, but they're more genre, and the piece i have is mainstream. I checked the index sticky, but the few drabble markets on there appear dead.

Thanks in advance!

Izz

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Izz,

I did a market search on Duotrope for Genre: General, Payment: Pro, Submission Type: Electronic and 100 words specified for the length, and got a list of 24 markets returned. I couldn't see a way of posting the search results directly, but that might be a place to start (if you haven't already), with the search terms tweaked to your preferences.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Woman's Weekly in the UK did accept 60 words stories. I think they've stopped doing them now, though. I'll see what I can find out.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hi Izz,

I did a market search on Duotrope for Genre: General, Payment: Pro, Submission Type: Electronic and 100 words specified for the length, and got a list of 24 markets returned. I couldn't see a way of posting the search results directly, but that might be a place to start (if you haven't already), with the search terms tweaked to your preferences.
Thanks, Sophia. Problem with duotrope is it returns all markets that say they accept stories of that length, rather than just markets who specialize specifically in drabble (of which there isn't many). And, even if a market says they accept stories in that word range, unless they state they're looking for drabble they typically don't.

Guess i'm really just trying to find a lazy way around checking out a heap of mag guidelines in an attempt to sell one 100 word story :D

Woman's Weekly in the UK did accept 60 words stories. I think they've stopped doing them now, though. I'll see what I can find out.
Thanks, Jed. I'm pretty sure they've stopped as well.

ftr, the story in question is exactly 100 words (including title, which is they typical requirement for drabble).

Thanks for your help, both :)