PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy symptom

tatzaana
03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I know that peeing more is a pregnancy symptom but about how often would it make you think its a preg symptom? How many times a day would it make you think its a pregnancy symptom?
affiliateelite (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=affiliateelite.com) ~ affiliateelite.com (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=affiliateelite.com) ~ adgooroo (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/keyword.aspx?q=adgooroo) ~ adgooroo.com (http://www.keywordspy.com/overview/domain.aspx?q=adgooroo.com)

Dandroid
03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
it would first make me think UTI....are you asking for 'symptoms' that suggest pregnancy without the typical nausea?

JustLooking
03-23-2011, 11:41 AM
If my experience is anything to go by (three pregnancies) the more frequent peeing only begins when it's already beyond all doubt that you're pregnant -- i.e. big bump pressing on your bladder!

ConChron
03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
In my case, pain. The first "sign" has been pain the the lower abdomen/uterus area. I never thought of it as sign of pregnancy though since I had endomytriosis and pain was just part of life.

Second comes morning sickness. It started as light nausea in the mornings, and then it escalated day by day until I threw up as soon as I woke up and couldn't brush my teeth in the morning. Nausea one or two mornings didn't give it away as pregnancy symptoms but throwing up was a dead give away.

About the same time as the morning sickness started to make it obvious my breasts started to hurt. I couldn't stand the touch of my shirt.

Then I got headaches and felt tired all the time. Perhaps a natural reaction to the morning sickness.

Somewhere around the 16th week the back and pelvic pain started.

By week 26 I started urinate more often but the real WC race started later on (week 30 perhaps), when I didn't sleep more than 2-3 hours at the time because of it.

firedrake
03-23-2011, 01:00 PM
The frequent peeing didn't kick in until about 3 months for me.

My first clue I was pregnant was that I couldn't bear the smell of coffee.

sheadakota
03-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I agree- frequent peeing isn't a first sign - didn't start for me until 3 months along- my first sign was tender breasts and I was emotional about everything! no nausea though- but that is a common first sign.

CACTUSWENDY
03-23-2011, 02:08 PM
My first sign for both of mine was about three days into being PG. The brushing of my teeth.....the toothpaste made me want to gag. It was weird. That feeling lasted for the first month both times.

As for peeing....never was a problem until late PG.

shaldna
03-23-2011, 02:20 PM
frequent peeing would make me think of a UTI or diabetes before it would make me think of pregnancy.

My first symptoms of pregnancy didn't come until I was almost 5 months gone. I'd put on about three pounds, but I thought that was cake. I didn't feel sick, I wasn't tired, my periods didn't stop. In short I had no symptoms, so it was a bit of a shock when we went for the first scan, expecting to be told the baby was about 6 weeks, only to find out it was 22 weeks

YAwriter72
03-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Right around 6 weeks I was eating normally, took a bite of chicken and wanted to throw up. I knew right then.

Perks
03-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah, ditto what everyone else said. Frequent urination doesn't usually come on until well into the pregnancy.

The most common first symptoms are breast tenderness and fatigue. Some women will experience nausea early on as well, but sore breasts and a really special kind of oh-my-god-it's-ten-minutes-after-seven-and-I-can't-hold-my-eyes-open are, by far, the usual first flags.

Perks
03-23-2011, 04:41 PM
My first symptoms of pregnancy didn't come until I was almost 5 months gone. I'd put on about three pounds, but I thought that was cake. I didn't feel sick, I wasn't tired, my periods didn't stop. In short I had no symptoms, so it was a bit of a shock when we went for the first scan, expecting to be told the baby was about 6 weeks, only to find out it was 22 weeksThat's awesome. More than halfway done and never felt a thing. I didn't have any nausea with the first and just a touch with the second, and I never experienced the super common breast soreness, but mine was the ridiculous sleepiness. I'd be fine and then, all of a sudden, dead on my feet.

Babies are weird.

Devil Ledbetter
03-23-2011, 04:57 PM
For me, the first sign of pregnancy was needing maternity clothes.

But seriously, even though frequent urination is a later symptom for most, I appreciate your fresh approach. Morning sickness or fainting as the first sign of pregnancy have been done to death in fiction. The first signs I had were usually breast tenderness.

Aerial
03-23-2011, 05:08 PM
The first sign for me was always nausea, beginning exactly a week after my period should have started, all three times I've been pregnant. It was more like coming down with the flu-- on the third kid (who was a many years post-vasectomy child) I actually left work thinking I was coming down with a stomach virus, only to sit around the house going, "This feels like pregnancy-yuk," and sure enough, it was.

Aerial

Blue236
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Extra peeing usually doesn't happen until the baby is big enough to start kicking your bladder. At the beginning, it is more likely do to a UTI than pregnancy.

ConChron
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I forgot heartburn. My sister and I both have had problems with it. Also later in the pregnancy but ever so irritating.

tjwriter
03-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I peed a lot at the beginning (And middle and end.) Tender breasts, extreme exhaustion, the feeling that a period was about to start any minute but never came, weak spotting at five weeks. These were pretty universal for all my pregnancies.

With pregnancy number three, I knew I was pregnant the morning after our oopsie. After giving birth to child two, my ovulation was extremely painful. I had two days of severe discomfort. The morning after the whoops!, ovulation pain started. Halfway through that morning after, the pain abruptly stopped and never returned. It was torture waiting that two weeks to get a positive test.

DesertRose
03-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Yes, the frequent peeing comes later on. I think first signs could be pain in the lower abdomen like menstrual cramping although period isn't coming. Brown spotting could also be a sign if you are days late. Most times there aren't any symptoms until around the 6 weeks mark and it's usually nausea and for me frequent hunger that doesn't go away.

tjwriter
03-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh, and the hunger/nausea thing. I was so hungry and so sick to my stomach. I found that if I ate what I craved, it wasn't so bad, but if I just forced myself to eat something, it could make me miserable.

rhymegirl
03-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I think women are very individual in their pregnancies. Frequent peeing can vary from one woman to another. I have always been a very nervous person, so consequently I have always needed to go frequently if I'm feeling really nervous. If you add pregnancy to that personality type, it meant I had to go even more frequently!

But I knew other women who were pregnant at the same time I was who didn't have to pee as much as I did.

For a story, it would be better to have the female character show other signs of pregnancy, such as nausea in the morning, tender breasts, fatigue, light-headedness or maybe spotting. Spotting was one of my first symptoms.

COchick
03-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Frequent peeing wasn't one for me. It was vomiting for the first...and then for the two after that, it was like I just KNEW. For all three, I was always very tired.

kayleamay
03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
I knew both times before I was even late...because my boobs were killing me. The peeing didn't become a problem until I was orca-sized.

Pyekett
03-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Sometimes people mention the "glow of pregnancy," but I never see much about the other skin changes. As early as the first trimester you can see darkening of the nipples, the beginnings of the linea nigra (line from the belly button to the pubis), even some of the maskelike melasma facial pigmentation some women get with the hormonal changes. That discoloration can occur on other sun-exposed areas, too.

Some women report a metallic taste in the mouth about that time.

COchick
03-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I also remember the veins in my chest becoming much darker, so you could see them through my skin. My doc said it was body getting my boobs ready for breastfeeding, or something.

Pyekett
03-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Sometimes the more, hmmm, enveloped areas become a little bit redder or purplish with increased blood flow, too.

whimsical rabbit
03-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Each woman is different, and experiences different signs at the earlier stages of pregnancy. You will find plenty of women that had frequent urination in the beginning, and others that didn't experience it until well into pregnancy.

Frequent urination can very well be a pregnancy sign (http://www.babycentre.co.uk/preconception/activelytrying/toptensignsofpregnancy/).

This (http://www.twoweekwait.com/web/stories.php?category=11)site is also your friend.

jaksen
03-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Nausea is the classic one though not all women have it, and a woman can have it with some pregnancies and not others. But it's a classic because it's so common.