PDA

View Full Version : Know anything about orchids?

aruna
10-20-2005, 11:27 AM
A character of mine has discovered a new species of orchid. Anyone here know anything about them, can we discuss?

raffaella
10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Sharon,
I don't know anything about orchids myself but when I lived in Singapore I loved to visit the Orchid Garden within the Botanic Gardens. They have hundreds of varieties and hybrids. I tried a google search but most of the links provided didn't work. If you are unable to find first hand information this might be a resource to consider.

Raffaella

Fishmonkey
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I have basic knowledge of their biology, taxonomy, and cultivation. Feel free to PM.

aruna
10-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I have basic knowledge of their biology, taxonomy, and cultivation. Feel free to PM.

Thanls! Tomorrow I am going to Kew Gardens and wil visit their orchid house; maybe I can speak to an expert there. I'll let you know...

mkcbunny
11-04-2005, 09:55 PM
I might be able to help. I'm not an expert, but I have a lot of hands-on experience. I saw your post over in my "addiciton" thread. Had I seen this first, I might never have played that game. How funny. PM me, and I'll get back to you. Or e-mail; I check that more often.
-Mary

rtilryarms
11-04-2005, 11:48 PM
I might be able to help. I'm not an expert, but I have a lot of hands-on experience. I saw your post over in my "addiciton" thread. Had I seen this first, I might never have played that game. How funny. PM me, and I'll get back to you. Or e-mail; I check that more often.
-Mary

not only is Mcbunny xxx in xxxxxxx but she also xxxxx a lot xxxx of her xxxxx.
Sometimes

KelseyF
11-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Watching/reading "Adaptation" (I forget the title of the book...."The Orchid Theif"?) might help. I personally don't know anything about flowers except that they're pretty (sometimes).

If all the above suggestions fail, or if you need more, this might help.

tay
12-25-2005, 11:47 AM
It's the national flower of Singapore