I need someone to check out my .epub file...

Reaction score
Website
amsterdamassassin.wordpress.com
Tried your link, Medievalist, but although I did the download and the plug-in should be installed, I can't find it anywhere. And it would still be a plug in, not a real .epub e-reader like the Nook. So, if anyone has a Nook or other epub e-reader and wants to help me check my Reprobate file, please let me know.

Deleted member 42

Tried your link, Medievalist, but although I did the download and the plug-in should be installed, I can't find it anywhere. And it would still be a plug in, not a real .epub e-reader like the Nook. So, if anyone has a Nook or other epub e-reader and wants to help me check my Reprobate file, please let me know.

It's a real epub reader; it's now part of your browser.

Drag and drop an epub file on Firefox.

This is a tool that a lot of us use to check basic epub functionality and display, since different readers interpret the css and xml differently.

Deleted member 42

It is pretty great. There's also Kindle Previewer for checking out what books will look like on iPad, iPhone etc.

Also, there's Stanza, which is free, and rigid about the epub standard, and multi-platform.

And if you're a registered Apple iOS developer, there's the iOS emulator, which can be exceedingly useful since you don't have to stop what you're doing, drag files to Dropbox, and then load them on your iOS hardware.

Last edited by a moderator: