PDA

View Full Version : Contest Winner to be Published in Erotica Anthology

esat
03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
My website, http://www.EroticStoriesAndToys.com, holds monthly erotica short story contests. Authors are required to include one of the month's three Adult Toy prompts, and the stories are voted on by visitors to the site. The winner wins all three prompts.

This April, our contest will include a BIG bonus...the winner of our contest will be included in an anthology to be published by Ravenous Romance, an epublisher of erotica (www.RavenousRomance.com). The anthology's theme will be along the lines of Wet n' Wild / Sex In The Shower, and Ravenous Romance will be inviting their top authors to submit stories, as well as opening a call for submissions to all authors, previously published or not.

Official announcements will be issued by myself and Ravenous Romance very soon, but I wanted to give you a heads up. We'd love to have you submit, especially if you're a new author looking to break into erotica. The last time we did this, in September of 2010, Ravenous Romance took not only the winning story, but two more from our contest as well, including one written by someone who frequents Absolute Write...and it was her first published story, so that was very exciting! (Well, for me at least; I hope for her too!)

More details can be found on our site. Hope to see you submit!

esat
04-03-2011, 05:40 PM
The contest has started! We're accepting entries through April 25. It's a great opportunity, especially for someone looking for their first time publication, so I hope you'll enter.

Good luck!

brainstorm77
04-03-2011, 11:09 PM
My website, http://www.EroticStoriesAndToys.com, holds monthly erotica short story contests. Authors are required to include one of the month's three Adult Toy prompts, and the stories are voted on by visitors to the site. The winner wins all three prompts.

This April, our contest will include a BIG bonus...the winner of our contest will be included in an anthology to be published by Ravenous Romance, an epublisher of erotica (www.RavenousRomance.com (http://www.RavenousRomance.com)). The anthology's theme will be along the lines of Wet n' Wild / Sex In The Shower, and Ravenous Romance will be inviting their top authors to submit stories, as well as opening a call for submissions to all authors, previously published or not.

Official announcements will be issued by myself and Ravenous Romance very soon, but I wanted to give you a heads up. We'd love to have you submit, especially if you're a new author looking to break into erotica. The last time we did this, in September of 2010, Ravenous Romance took not only the winning story, but two more from our contest as well, including one written by someone who frequents Absolute Write...and it was her first published story, so that was very exciting! (Well, for me at least; I hope for her too!)

More details can be found on our site. Hope to see you submit!

Will the winner receive royalties like the other authors in the anthology?

esat
04-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Brainstorm, I'm not sure how Ravenous Romance is handling their authors' royalties, and whether or not the winner will receive the same. I'll find out and post the answer.

brainstorm77
04-05-2011, 02:29 AM
Thanks.

brainstorm77
04-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Did you find out?

esat
04-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Sorry it took a while to get back to you; Lori's been at a conference and difficult to reach. This is the answer she sent me:

There are no royalties on these anthologies. The payment is the toy and publication.

I did email to find out if that was just for my contest winner or for everyone, but haven't heard back yet; my assumption is it's for all the included authors.

If you're a published author (and I see that you are, congratulations!), you may think it's not worth it for you, not to be paid in cash. But it may be worth it to try to expand your audience, by being included with other authors who may have a following who will purchase the anthology because they enjoy one or two of the included authors. That would be up to you, of course.

For those looking to get their first publication credit, my personal opinion is that it's a very good opportunity. That's my intent, anyway.

I would love to see you contribute to this or any contest; I'll post links to any/all sites/publications/blogs you want, and keep them active on our Archives page.

brainstorm77
04-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.