Eating Crow

robingood

Registered
Reaction score
I have always been amazed at the undeniable wealth of knowledge that is held within language. It surprises me how much we say every day, with little or no comprehension of its relevance.

I was listening to the radio the other day and this PHD was giving a long discourse on the intelligence of crows. They have done studies and proved that crows have some form of communication, and that they have long memories.

I have my own problems, and for some reason i am ever under the impression that everyone else knows better than i do. When i listened to this radio program i was shocked.

Crows have some form of communication?

I am hardly fluent, but i listen to crows all the time. I speak better crow than i do french, i can assure you of that.

I plan to publish what i know on my website to help promote my book.

Anyway, to the point. The wealth of knowledge in language. I decided to google 'eating crow,' and the definition was... 'similar to eating your hat... eating something that tastes bad.'

If you turn your ears to the world around you you will find reference to numbers throughout. Maybe its numerology, or your favorite musician talks about numbers, or you find reference to it in the bible.

I have respect for crows, but i would hardly let them drive me around, or wear a number on my shirt.

I fear its like getting a Chinese tattoo on your shoulder and then running into a Chinese person, who is curious why anyone would tattoo 'SOUP' on their shoulder.

Eating something bad? Yeah, that could be the case. The true meaning behind that statement is far deeper.

I do my best to avoid eating crow, let me assure you.