Limitless

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgRvJNgySx8

A writer, taking a pill to use all of his brain's capacity. Finishes his book in four days then moves on to bigger things - stocks, financial deals, luxury life...

But there's a downside to it.

Greatly enjoyed the movie, even if I did manage to ignore a couple of points inside it that were a bit too fantastic :tongue

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I got put off it by the '20% of the brain' nonsense.

Evolution doesn't work that way.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Hated it myself. It's just another re-worked coke story. They took out the cocaine rush and changed the name, but otherwise...

I did enjoy the special effects when he was typing or imagining--nothing new, but well-placed.

And I'm usually easy on the films. LOVED Salt and everyone else hated it.

Lucie

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I greatly enjoyed the movie while I was watching it... great pace, good concept, nice execution, some really nifty special effects. Acting isn't bad either.

It's only AFTER I came home that I started to pick it apart. There are so many plot holes and WTF moments. However, for a piece of sci-fi, philosophical cautionary tale, I still highly enjoyed it despite my intellectual objection.

By the way, it's not a new concept. It's just a modernized version of Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.

Last edited:

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I would agree that it has plot holes, like who killed that girl in the hotel? And was he really off it in the end? How would he know about that crash and how to speak Chinese?

I really liked the beginning, when he was a dirt poor writer, but when everything turned fast pace, it was just too unrealistic. IMO

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
He wasn't off it, he said at the end he reverse engineered it which means he got the benefits without the side effects. He was still on it, that's why he knew about the crash.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
and what of the girl in the hotel? Are we suppose to assume it was that guy chasing him?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Either him or that guy, not sure about it.

See, another loop hole. My husband said that too, maybe it was the MC that did it. But if so, for what reason? And if it's that other guy, why should viewers just assume that? I hate movies that make you assume things when it could be wrong, ya know?

I did like it for what it's worth, but some of the zooming scenes were making me sick, literally. Either my vision is bad or my brain is. (think it's the latter)

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't like this one. I wish it explored the concept more rather than be a surface-level drug flick. They could have done anything with this concept and they go for a business merger instead. And, someone please explain why, given the choice between hedge clippers and a baseball bat, your weapon of choice is a little girl wearing ice skates?

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, come on, I mean out of all the things you can defend yourself with, she picks up the little girl, and for like a split second you're suppose to think she's really stupid putting the girl in danger and then she slices the guy's face with the skates. And why weren't they slipping on the ice anyway? Please.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Right.. the whole part with the girlfriend is one of the giant plot holes and WTF. Really? It's supposed to up the stakes for us but I just felt it was forced and unrealistic and really? There's a big rock there and the guy didn't think of checking it out... he just stood around looking at nothing? And ice skates? Really?

However, I don't mind not knowing who really killed the trick at the hotel. I think it's either the man chasing him or the Russian. But the open-endedless of that is okay. Same with the ending. He's perfected the pill and he's only using it for himself. And I assume he helped his ex-wife, too, but that's also left unanswered (but if we're suppose to think he's the good guy, I'd say he would help his ex, who really helped him understand the side effects to begin with).

Last edited:

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
he just stood around looking at nothing? And ice skates? Really?

I found the idea of the ice skates funny and at the same time interesting, because he would not expect such a thing. A baseball bat, well, you know what's going to happen, but using a child, not really.

My favourite part of the movie were his suits. Yes, his suits. :)D) They looked amazing and even better because Cooper is tall.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Salt wasn't that bad, except the cheesy, predictable ending. I saw that coming from a mile away. I actually thought it was one of Jollie's better roles after Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Smileycat

The Punk Cat
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw it. Liked it. Gave it 3 stars.

There are always plot holes and things that don't make sense in most movies that strive to be intelligent.

Still liked it, though.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, come on, I mean out of all the things you can defend yourself with, she picks up the little girl, and for like a split second you're suppose to think she's really stupid putting the girl in danger and then she slices the guy's face with the skates. And why weren't they slipping on the ice anyway? Please.

Exactly! I was thinking to myself, oh she's going to know just where to place her feet and sprint across while he goes sliding around the ice. But then they just both sprinted it apparently unaffected.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saw it again. Liked it even more. Now, where can I get some NZT? Bradley Cooper is hot.

Reaction score
While I did enjoy the movie, I HATED the fact that he quit being a writer. I understand money's important, but what happened to always needing to tell the stories in your head? You can't just give them up and let them die like that! I know I'm being over-dramatic, but still...