In honour of Comic Relief 2011...

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Not likely. Although I will get down for the King of Rock and Roll....CLIFF RICHARD!!!!!!!!!

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if we're after comedy sketches.. Cake is a made-up drug (Warning: bad language, drugs references, Tory MPs and Bernard Manning.)

One girl puked up her own pelvic bone...

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Well, if we're after comedy sketches.. Cake is a made-up drug (Warning: bad language, drugs references, Tory MPs and Bernard Manning.)

One girl puked up her own pelvic bone...

Ha I loved that one

And for the record - and why I found this thread - I lost it about the same time Lenny did last night. But seeing the difference to people from last year to this, the difference RND has made ....I lost it again.

Expect shares in tissues to go up.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Ha I loved that one

And for the record - and why I found this thread - I lost it about the same time Lenny did last night. But seeing the difference to people from last year to this, the difference RND has made ....I lost it again.

Expect shares in tissues to go up.

£74 million worth of difference. And when things are as shitty economy and job wise as they are...well, that warms my cockles.

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
My cockles are feeling toasty too. Underneath the sniffles.

I don't know if you can see this in the US but..

Also - kudos to Lenny, who couldn't wait for aid to get through and bought those kids somewhere half decent to live.

ETA: Crap, I'm crying again.

Last edited:

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
If David Tennant (calm down, girls) was right when he said the majority of people watching didn't donate, that's just :rant:. OK, some people have got literally nothing to give but I bet that doesn't cover all the people who didn't dig deep for whatever they could.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I watched about forty seconds. Ruby Wax was serving a plate of food to David Cameron. It was like scabies teaming up with bubonic plague.

Reaction score
I neither watched nor donated. I didn't even know it was on last night and thank God for that. I hate it when celebrities urge those less financially well-off than them to give money. If they donate, fine. But I don't see the point of all this sponsored bollocks and telethons and people making an arse of themselves publicly. Either give money, or do something practical. It's less about 'raising awareness' and more about 'raising a celebrity's profile'.

Even when celebs do give money, isn't it amazing how it always makes its way to mainstream media?

So much for discretion being the better part of valour.

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I watched about forty seconds. Ruby Wax was serving a plate of food to David Cameron. It was like scabies teaming up with bubonic plague.

So glad I missed that. I only really watched the doc bits (Old Man recorded 'em for me, I was at work)
I hate it when celebrities urge those less financially well-off than them to give money. If they donate, fine. But I don't see the point of all this sponsored bollocks and telethons and people making an arse of themselves publicly. Either give money, or do something practical. It's less about 'raising awareness' and more about 'raising a celebrity's profile'.

But then I wouldn't get to see people making tits of themselves. That's value for money, that is. ETA: If I had more money, I would have donated it in return for kicking Wossie in the nads.

Reaction score
People do that for free in the city centre here. :D Much tittery to be observed.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
SP - love the glitterly/sparkly avatar!

The bits I saw of RND were trite and boring. Norton and the Winkleman woman should not be allowed to be on national tv.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Leave Winklemanwoman out of this. She's a smasher.

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Was quite amusing that whatsherface crashed every single BBC site when she appeared in a swimsuit. Looking very embarrassed I might add.

Also, Lorraine Kelly's blisters were impressive. They might be doing it for 'profile' but hell, it shows you how far they're willing to go. Would any of us/you go and live in that slum for a week? Walk a 100k across a desert?

They did shit.

Which is more than I can say of those who didn't do shit or poo pooed teh idea as a PR exercise. I don't think Annie Lennox needs a profile boost, and neither does David Tenant, let's face it. They guy who runs RND - couldn't tell you what he looks like, though I may know his name. And these guys helped raise the money. So good for them, I say, if they can help reduce half that shit they showed us. If them showboating helps, then let them showboat. Peopl tune in for selfish 'ooh this might be funny' and end up donating, How is that bad? Helping another person have a life.

Also David Tenant has the sexiest accent ever when he's not being Dr Who

ETA: it seems it you have any kind of profile, you're screwed if you want to raise any awareness of anything. If you do...whoring yourself for PR. If not, you don't care. Lose lose. At least these guys lose by helping rather than not. I'd rather that than the other way around. Plus if you'd seen some of them completely break down...it may have started as PR, it didn't end that way.

Last edited:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
LIVING DOLL!!!

I model my singing voice on Ade Edmondson / Vivian, ya know.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Leave Winklemanwoman out of this. She's a smasher.

Shattered! I thought you a man of taste and elegance. I have to ask , a smasher of what? Eardrums with her dreadful voice?

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Shattered! I thought you a man of taste and elegance. I have to ask , a smasher of what? Eardrums with her dreadful voice?

And I mean that in the slightly old-fashioned, affectionate Bullseye-ish way, not the zeitgeisty uber-misogynistic sense coined by Richard Keys.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Was quite amusing that whatsherface crashed every single BBC site when she appeared in a swimsuit. Looking very embarrassed I might add.

Would any of us/you go and live in that slum for a week? Walk a 100k across a desert?

They did shit.

ETA: it seems it you have any kind of profile, you're screwed if you want to raise any awareness of anything. If you do...whoring yourself for PR. If not, you don't care. Lose lose. At least these guys lose by helping rather than not. I'd rather that than the other way around. Plus if you'd seen some of them completely break down...it may have started as PR, it didn't end that way.

Thingy in that swimsuit was a little disturbing. Isn't she about twelve? And Lenny losing it like that...that killed me.

LIVING DOLL!!!

I model my singing voice on Ade Edmondson / Vivian, ya know.

I do a decent Rik Mayall if I do say so myself. Not that's it hard. Just look slightly pervy.