Status
Not open for further replies.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
Yeah, yeah, everyone has something like this bookmarked. The reason I like this one is how small the page is, so I don't have to scroll through lots and lots of data.

The top part is specific to Nebraska (Where's Nebraska? They're still a state?!), but the bottom is where the list really shines, and a ton of great magazines is listed and linked for budding writers.

Thanks to the Creighton Writer's Center for this list!

http://mockingbird.creighton.edu/NCW/litmags.htm#nebraska

peace and love

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
List

A very good list, and with a handy, easy to use format. Thanks.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Looking at that list reminded me that I've been meaning to submit to Glimmer Train -- so I just did. Thanks, badducky, for helping me move on that.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Nebraska is still a state because otherwise, we'd have this doofy looking hole in the continental U.S., and it would look silly. So Nebraska is still a state. Also, Montana. :)

(very nice list, incidentally; it is now bookmarked and will be used. Thank you.)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That is a super great list, BD. I'll check it out! Most appreciated. Hope everyone gets lots o' acceptances from it.

M.A.Gardener

Registered
Reaction score
Love the list! But... I've heard that many editors look at publishing in literary mags as a nice hobby, but not necessarily a plus when considering an author. Are some better than others to submit to?

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Literary magazines

Depends what you are publishing I suppose. I haven't found the editors I work with regard my publishing record as a handicap. But then I write literary fiction.

You really need to read the magazines, or at least check out their websites. Many of the literary magazines have excellent reputations and to have a publishing credit from one of them is definitely a plus.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
credits

M.A.Gardener said:
Love the list! But... I've heard that many editors look at publishing in literary mags as a nice hobby, but not necessarily a plus when considering an author. Are some better than others to submit to?

Some are certainly better credits than others, but I don't know any editors who regard being published in real literary magazines as a hobby. As long as you aren't talk about fly by night magazines that are horrible in quality, being published in literary magazines impresses the heck out of every agent and editor I know.

The good ones are most often published by universities, think Southern Review, Indiana Review, etc., or by known publishers, think Zoetrope, have very high standards, and nearly always pay something. Some literary magazines, such as Glimmer Train and Zoetrope, pay very well indeed.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I just thought I'd bump this list for new people to the forum.

And, I'd like to thank the Creighton's Writing Center once again for making this available to us.

If you know anybody over there, please bake them some pie. Everybody loves pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.