PDA

View Full Version : Your Toilet Buddy (Book)

Button
03-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Come on. I know you have at least one in there.

Name the book sitting by your pooper collector right now.

I know a lady who keeps her Bible in there.

Right now I've just switched out "Anne of the Island" with "The Looking Glass Wars".

I'll take a second in there if I want some sort of choice when I go on.

So what's your poopin' pal? (Book) ;)

Cliff Face
03-14-2011, 01:56 AM
I honestly don't have any books in my bathroom. Not even any magazines.

I'm of the mind that if it's taking me more than about 5 minutes to do my business, then I may as well just give up and try again later. I'm never in the bathroom for very long, consequently, and so I don't bother with things to keep me occupied.

*shrug*

Button
03-14-2011, 02:01 AM
In some places, it's the only five quiet minutes you'll have to yourself, so you'll stretch it out... :)

Cliff Face
03-14-2011, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I suppose...

But then, I don't ever plan on having children, and if I do eventually have a wife and she can't let me read a book for an hour or so occasionally, then that's not the wife for me. ;)

I don't think I'll ever have to rely on toilet reading. :)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-14-2011, 02:08 AM
We're Speedy Poopers around here, too. No books, magazines, games, letters, laptops... nada. Of course, other than each other and the cats, we don't have a soul around to bother us... so we can find peace and quiet outside the crapper.

Cliff Face
03-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Y'know, I've never understood how you could read a book AND wipe at the same time...

*confuzzled*

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-14-2011, 02:13 AM
Unless, of course, it was the Sears Catalog...

Cliff Face
03-14-2011, 02:16 AM
We don't have Sears down here. Although I do understand that the Sears catalogue is supposed to be mildly erotic if you're desperate and in a jam...

Shadow_Ferret
03-14-2011, 02:23 AM
I find the whole idea gross. I can't imagine how many disgusting germs are crawling all over that book. I respect my reading material too much to do that to it.

Besides, I'm never in there long enough to get that bored that I need reading material.

alleycat
03-14-2011, 02:39 AM
This reminds me of a episode of Seinfeld when George couldn't return a book because he had taken it into the bathroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sf3sI5xrHU&feature=related (for some reason someone uploaded the scene without sound)

Yasaibatake
03-14-2011, 04:00 AM
I have Crohn's disease, so I spend a lot of time in the bathroom. It starts with the daily newspaper - front page, then local, then the "fyi"/random fluff section. If I finish the paper (or if I read it elsewhere that day), it's currently Beginner's Guide to Korean :D

Button
03-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Dude, I don't reach in and fondle the poop before I pick up my book. I sit down, pick up the book, put the book back on it's perch and then do my wiping business.

That was TMI.

I thought I should warn people.

:D

Anyway, yeah I know I'm not the only one. :p

The Cajun has Crohn's. He's got a few books tucked away in his bathroom but I don't know which one he's reading right now. He'll hang on to the tech gadget catalogues, too. ;)