• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

YA Urban Fantasy Beta Reader wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott S

Be real
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scottspringer.com
Hi,
I have this ready to read and would love some reactions to what works, what doesn't, and obvious screw ups that aren't so obvious to me.

If someone can help me out that would be great and I'm happy to swap reads with you.

So, please let me know.

here's the blurb:

I'm proud to present to you some classic teen scream zombie action complete with a girl that kicks butt, some coming of age high school romance, and a twist. Those sexy college students that suddenly are showing an interest in you . . . not a good thing.

Jenny O is not having sex with Carl. Ever. She's made a pact and she's not marrying him. He still laughs when he farts. Just friends. And journalism partners. They're on assignment and come upon the murder scene, and Carl, expert on all things zombie, recognizes the marks. So the high school paper goes tabloid, and the headline screams Zombie Attack. Carl and Jenny O get noticed in the media frenzy by both their classmates and the FBI. Carl must retract the story, but first it's Friday night Zombie Fest with beer. The college girl in the little black dress leads him off to the field and Jenny O follows to save her not-a-boyfriend's virginity for him. The party dress girl has turned into something hideous and gross, and her head splats like a rotten Jack-O-Lantern when Jenny O goes ninja on her hideousness. Sexy college students turning into monsters, you'd think Jenny might have a clue when the Ivy League Geoffrey invites her dinner, but those dream boat eyes must be clouding her judgment. Meanwhile Carl is spending time at 'camp' to defend his First Amendment rights, and Jenny didn't stand up to the FBI to help him. She feels alone and guilty, and the next chance she gets to act, she definitely will. It's Friday night dinner and the undead are rising. Her chance is now.

This is ZTD (ZOMBIE TRANSMITTED DISEASE): A TALE OF FATAL ATTRACTION. It is YA Urban Fantasy and 53,000 words.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in: I'll be Reader Joe - if it grabs me, I'll give broad feedback on all of it. If it doesn't grab me, I'll do a minimum of the first three chapters or something.

Scott S

Be real
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scottspringer.com
thank you

I'm in: I'll be Reader Joe - if it grabs me, I'll give broad feedback on all of it. If it doesn't grab me, I'll do a minimum of the first three chapters or something.

Thank you for replying to my post.

I sent you my email by pm - let me know if you didn't get it.

thanks again
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.