You're gonna lose an hour's sleep tonight...

Aylaa

Uncharacteristic is my character
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep is nothing more then an illusion, you should be writing.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I hate daylight savings time. I don't understand it. What daylight are we saving? If there is 8 hours of daylight, changing the time forward or back doesn't change that there will still be 8 freaking hours of daylight.

Stupidest ritual we Americans do, in my opinion.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I hate daylight savings time. I don't understand it. What daylight are we saving? If there is 8 hours of daylight, changing the time forward or back doesn't change that there will still be 8 freaking hours of daylight.

QFT.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I like it staying light out after dinner so I can go take a walk.

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I live on Dog Time...clocks be damned. Eventually, I'll run into People Time and have to make myself wake up early and/or rush like a maniac to get out of the house. Which is silly, since time is a side effect of how things are, and everything is open 24-hours a day now...even farmers complain about the changes.

P.S. If anyone finds the hour I lose tonight, go ahead and spend it on something you really, really need. :)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score

This is exactly how I feel, except that it's not just America that does it - most of Australia suffers the annoyance of Daylight Savings.

Who cares what time it is when it gets dark or light? I'd rather find myself seeing the sun set at 7pm than having to remember when the clocks change over, and then actually changing all the clocks in the house. Pointless, annoying, stupid idea, IMO.

Of course, it's not Daylight Savings here until April, apparently... Go figure? I'm sure I'll completely miss Daylight Savings when it rolls around and rock up to work or TAFE or something an hour late or early or however it works.

And that's another thing! When it does roll around, you've got to remember which way to change the bloody clocks! Every Daylight Savings I have to decipher which way the clocks are changing. Pain in the arse.

/rant

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
We do it in Britain cos it stays really dark in Scotland. There were complaints about kids walking home from school in the dark and what not.

I've got used to it now so... Actually it's putting the clocks back in the Autumn that annoys me. Suddenly it's dark an hour earlier and it feels like winter is upon us.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And that's another thing! When it does roll around, you've got to remember which way to change the bloody clocks! Every Daylight Savings I have to decipher which way the clocks are changing. Pain in the arse.

It's easy. Spring ahead, Fall behind.

And I just got one hour's less sleep. COFFEE!!! COFFEE!

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My well-meaning husband set all of the clocks back an hour last night. We're still trying to figure out what time it really is. Spring forward, Fall back. Is it that hard to remember?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
I always sleep until 10 on weekends... I didn't wanna lose an hour of sleep, and since it's Sunday I decided to sleep until 11 and lose an hour of awake instead. :D

~Amber~

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
No worries! I recently prorated every hour of sleep that I've lost because of Daylight Savings Time with every class that I ditched in high school, and discovered that I still come out ahead.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Hee. I was watching a long late movie on Netflix, and when it was over I was like "WTF How did it get to be 3:30?!" Yeah, I know technically how, but it felt like the movie was somehow longer. Of course, I was cool with that. :D I know, I have no home life. The movie was Jackie Brown, before you ask.