AW W1S1 Hall of Fame

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
In line with the hall of fame over at the blog, this here is a hall of fame for all AW members who've sold stories written for Write1Sub1. I'm hoping this is less a discussion thread than a noticeboard thread. I'll keep an eye on the braggage thread (and anywhere else sales may pop up here) and then post here with details of sales and where they can be found.

If you want to congratulate anybody who's sold please do so in the braggage discussion or wherever they've mentioned. That's not because i'm a sourpuss, but just so we can keep this discussion uncluttered. A list, if you would.

The list below has been ported over from the social group.

#

First into the AW hall of fame for 2011 is one of the Write1Sub1 founders, SimonKewin.
SimonKewin said:
A Twitter SF story - wolF emiT - I wrote yesterday has been accepted by Trapeze today! To be published in February. w00t.

trapeze magazine

Congrats, Simon!

#

Our second entrant into the hall of fame is alexshvartsman with his sale to Gary Games.

Today I heard back from Gary Games and "The Candidate" has been bought. It will appear on their web site in late January / early February and is likely to be "serialized" in 3 parts as they feel many web readers may not have the attention span for a 5400 story (and I think they may be right) - but the important thing is that it's a go. I will link it when it's actually posted.

Way to go, Alex!

#

Third hall of fame entrant: mfowler76 with a sale to trapeze.
from the W1S1 blog said:
Twitter fiction written, submitted, and accepted (Trapeze magazine, March 8)

Congrats, Milo!

#

SimonKewin has had another acceptance from trapeze.

W1S1 Week 3 Check-in said:
I also submitted an SF tweet-fiction piece to Trapeze and had that accepted ("Time Dilation", to appear in April).

Congrats again, Simon!

#

mfowler76 has another sale, this time to SeedPod's twitter fiction arm.
mfowler76 17th Feb said:
One of my Week6 subs - a Twitter tale - was accepted by SeedPod and will make its appearance tomorrow.
Congrats, Milo.

Also, SimonKewin has been selling pieces left, right and center. Check out his blog for full details.

#

shelleyo has another sale, this time to the Pill Hill Press Anthology, Leather, Denim & Silver: Legends of the Monster Hunter

shelleyo said:
It'll release in the summer.

Way to go, Shelley!

#

We have a fifth entrant into the hall of fame: sisco! Seedpod Publishing can be found here.

sisco said:
Today I got a response from seedpod. They will be publishing my twitter piece "The Chessmaster" on 3/2.

Nicely done, Eric!

#

And our sixth entrant into the hall of fame is: DaveK. He's sold two! stories to Flashshot.

DaveK said:
WooHoo. I just had two stories picked up by Flashshot. I really do have Write1Sub1 to thank because I don't think I would have got off my butt otherwise. Don't tell any future bosses of mine but I work better under pressure.

Awesome stuff, Dave!

#

sisco has struck again, this time with a sale to PicFic

sisco said:
ust got an email from folded word. My piece "The Sycophants" is going to be published in the march issue of PicFic.

Let the good times roll!

#

alexshvartsman has got himself into the Hall again, with a sale to Golden Visions magazine.

alexshvartsman said:
Another sale today: Pel's Crusade will appear in the summer issue of Golden Visions magazine.

You're on fire, Alex!

#

Our latest entrant (number 7!) into the HoF is AlwaysJuly, with sales to Cuento Magazine.

AlwaysJuly said:
During this last week's round of subbing I sent out some microfiction - a couple 6-word stories to Cuento - and they'll be appearing at the end of the month

Congrats, AlwaysJuly!

#

shelleyo has a couple more sales, to trapeze and Nanoism.

shelley0 said:
Twitter fiction to Trapeze
Twitter fiction to Nanoism

Nicely done, Shelley!

#

If i've missed anybody (or any sales), please let me know.

Last edited:

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
sisco has more W1S1 sales, to SCIFAIKUEST.

Just got an email from Scifaikuest. They accepted a sciafaiku, a senryu and a haibun from me for the Feb 2012 issues. The scifaiku and haibun will be in the print edition and the senryu will be in the online edition.

Way to go, Eric!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
sisco's struck again, with a sale to Trapeze.

I had a small acceptance myself. Trapeze will be publishing my story "Aftermath" on July 16.

Keep 'em coming, Eric!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Nathaniel Katz has just entered the Hall of Fame for the first time, with twitter-fic sales to Cuento and trapeze.

Twitter fiction is, it turns out, very cool. I wrote three a few days ago, submitted them yesterday, and Trapeze and Cuento just sent acceptances. Publications two and three! (even if in a somewhat smaller format)

Nicely done, Nat!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
shellyo has made another hall of fame worthy sale, to Books of the Dead Press.

My week 5 story, Manny's Candy, the longest short story I've written, just sold to Books of the Dead Press. :hooray:

Awesome sale, Shelley!

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
A few more Hall of Fame placements to add to mine:

"Shiny Things," my week 18 story, won first place in the May Shock Totem contest.

"Jill put flowers," my week 1 story, placed a second time, this time at 7x20 (Seven by Twenty).

And "The Man in the Pipes" from week 9 will appear in Bartleby Snopes in July.

Shelley

Last edited:

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Aggy has 3 more Hall of Fame worthy sales.

"Kink" appeared in OneFortyFiction.

"Apology" appeared in Every Day Fiction.

She's also sold a story to Cuento.

Aggy B. said:
A tiny braggage (which I've already mentioned and plugged into my sig).

Changling will be published at Cuento on July 16th.
Congrats!

Shelley

Last edited:

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, pangalactic strikes again, with a W1S1 story placed as a reprint.

More flash-sized braggage for me. I've sold The Captain's Chair to Pill Hill Press for their 2012 Daily Flashes anthology.

Congrats!

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Milo's placing stories all over lately, but he recently mentioned a multiple placement at 7x20 (Seven by Twenty).

Maybe we'll share the same week -- I just had three haiku accepted by 7x20. We must be wearing Joanne down...

Congrats!

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Izz has sold a story to Takahe Magazine.

I just sold a story. Most unexpected. It's a W1S1 story too. In fact, it's my June W1S1 story. And it's not spec fic.

The Race will be appearing in Takahe Magazine, an NZ print mag, soon.

w00t!

Congrats!

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
JennyCP said:
I have W1S1 braggage - one of my short stories will be appearing in an anthology being put out by an indie press. AND, it's outside my normal genre, so I'm a bit surprised.

Jenny's story will appear in the Sleigh Ride anthology this November from Buzz Books! Congratulations!

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Milo strikes yet again with his first sale to Daily Science Fiction.

I received some good news from Daily Science Fiction this morning: they're going to publish my W1S1 Week#21 story "Tomorrow's Dawn" sometime in the near future.

Woot!

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
More good news from Izz, a sale to short-story.me.

I've got some braggage too.

short-story.me, has bought Goldar the Unwieldy, my first W1S1 story, for publication. It's a light-hearted, somewhat satirical, fantasy piece. Not sure when it'll be up yet, but i'll let y'all know when it is.

WTG!

Shelley

shelleyo

Registered
Reaction score
Alex reports a Hall of Fame-worthy sale to The Drabbler.

I have a small braggage of my own (in that the braggage might be longer than the story). The Drabbler bought my 100-word story "Chill" for their Climate Change-themed issue. It will be published on or around August 1.

Congrats!

Shelley