PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a beta reader for a murder mystery written in classic literary style

Melancholia
03-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my murder mystery novel. It's not modern at all and written in classic literary style (Yes...think Dickens), so I am hoping to find someone who enjoys reading literature and is quite used to an older and more dated style.

I'm only 3 chapters in and still planning for the next ones to come, so it's not going to be a terribly difficult job because there'll be lots of downtime while I'm writing chapters to give reviews. I'll be more than happy to trade stories and beta for someone willing to lend me a hand. Here's a brief description:

The mystery takes place in a lavish Victorian estate in late 1800's England. The head of the family has just passed away, his heir murdered in his own manor just a month before, the suspects all being family members. The story begins in the manor (and stays in the manor), where the 8 main characters convened for the hearing of the will. The will stated that since the heir was killed, whoever is able to bring the murderer to justice would inherit position of head as well as the estate. Thus the murder mystery begins...

Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, comments, and feel free to PM if interested. Thanks in advance guys!

dondomat
03-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I can do the first three chapters, no promises about the rest thought

:) update, offer retracted